Chapter 34: Free As Clouds

The past week had even a horror movie come to life

The past week had even a horror movie come to life. Stephen King would go nowhere near my autobiography. The last two months have been a roller-coaster. From graduating, exams, being taken away, knocked out, kidnapped and now I'm stuck in a house with a French man I despised with almost all my heart.

I got up from the bed and walked towards the window. The clouds danced across the sky so free. I wanted to be free like them. Be able to do what I want without being kidnapped or stalked.

"Saryah" I rolled my eyes heavily, he had come. I stayed looking at the sky watching as the clouds made their journey to another place, exploring the world or dying. Feeling a presence my eyes slightly widened. This room was where I had been and I will stay here till David finds me.

His breath fanned down my neck and I felt the tip of his nose graze against my skin. "Tu peau est si douce mon amour". He whispered into my ear and continued buzzing his head into my neck.

"Je sais, peut-être devriez-vous vous brosser les dents plus souvent". I raised my eyebrow and felt his nuzzling stop. He spun me around to face his infuriated expression. "Don't disrespect me, love. You will regret it, trust me". I began to tremble and my arms started to shake. His eyes held so much darkness and hurt I almost felt sorry for insulting him.

"Sorry". He softened and his shoulders relaxed slightly, staring at him I fought hard not to roll my eyes. "I want you to stay with me. I can't keep you held up here like a hostage".

Maybe it's because I am one.

He turned his back and tugged my arm softly. I followed quickly casting my head down and not saying a word. As I followed him through the house I memorised all possible exits and weapons I could use. Nikolas brought me through parts of the house I had never seen before. The wood piled in top of each other in the victorian styled house.

Approaching his office I furrowed my brows thinking of ways to steer him away from us being aline in that room. "I could go cook dinner while your working".

Nikolas stared my way analysing my face as he pushed the door of his office open. "It's fine". I huffed quietly and followed behind him submissively.

"I'll cook you something in a bit". He walked up to his desk and settled on his chair. I stood by the door quietly and pushed a strand of hair behind my hearing hole. "Come sit". He placed a hand on his thigh and I flinched. Backing away slowly his eyes became more stern. "Saryah, don't test me". Tears began welling up in my eyes as I slowly took my travel towards his rather large frame.

The past week has consisted of me trying to avoid Nikolas, I'm guessing he began to notice. This incident had me instantly comparing him to David. David never forced me to touch him, he hasn't forced himself onto me. When I was around him I felt, I knew he would never. But with Nikolas, I had a feeling he would.

Standing in front of him he held my waist securely rubbing his thumb, but the grip was going to bruise me. He was warning me. My left eye blinked quickly, but he noticed it, the curl of my nose aswell. I flinched. He smiled slowly and viciously, turning around he dragged me down to his lap.

He pulled back staring into my eyes, they held so much loneliness, anger, neglect and obsession. He held a small smirk as he turned to his computer. I saw a lot of emails on his screen in some sort of blocked site. I acted like I was paying attention and began to fiddle with his tie. I did always wonder why he wore a suit, even in the garden. Glancing from the corner the French words took me a while to figure out.

His cologne sickened me it was nothing like David's. He scrolled reading some and I turned my eyes back to his tie as I rested against his shoulder. He chuckled lightly causing me to roll my eyes. He was so clueless, I just needed him to warm up to me.

Trust me.

Then I will escape.

"Boss, he's here"

"Boss, he's here". I placed my glass of bourbon on the counter. Drinking seemed to do nothing these days, I drank to make myself forget, but I just couldn't. She became my thoughts, dreams and worries.

She wasn't the longest fling I had but something about her was different. I was trying to take her into my darkness while she had already held me hostage in her light.

Dante threw the plump man to the floor. And a grunt sounded through the room. He raised his head and looked at me from the ground. Raising his head, Dante brought him to his knees.

The man looked at me with so much fear held in his eyes. A sadistic smile crept onto my face. "Speak". The man's breath started to quicken.

"Non".

I grabbed the scissors on my table. It was a small pair, the type kids use in kindergarten. But those little beings didn't know it was as much of a weapon, and could inflict more pain than a gun.

"That's fine". Abruptly turning I flung the scissors and it jabbed straight into his thigh. The scissors landed dangerously near to his bits.

I never missed.

I crept slowly to him. "A lot of people have been asking me why I didn't just find another queen you know. I mean, I could. But something was different about her". I knelt in front of his face and started turning the scissors from right to left.

An excruciating scream came from his mouth. I drew my hand back swinging into the sweaty face of the man. Blood drew from his forehead, lip and nose. "Shut the fuck up".

"As I was saying, she was different. From the day I met her, she knew that family and love came first. That's what drew me to her. She would do anything for the safety of her family. I wanted that for my Mafia". I pulled back the scissors and stabbed it straight into the section where his shoulder and collarbone met. He groaned and I punched into his face. Blood was pouring from his nose. "I said shut the fuck up".

At this moment he definitely didn't look like a human anymore. "She intrigued me. Made me feel. And now I've fallen in love with her. At first I needed for my Mafia. Now I need her for me aswell".

I looked up at Dante and he smiled. He actually smiled. I used two fingers to push both handles of the scissors apart. This time the man stayed silent but tears were pouring from his eyes like a river. I stopped the process. "Are you going to speak?" Mutterings could be heard under his breath. "Yes". I pulled back the scissors and threw them to the floor.

"Talk to me then".