Chapter38: Numb P2

I stared at her while she wandered aimlessly round the room, often staring out the window

I stared at her while she wandered aimlessly round the room, often staring out the window. She looked so.... tired. Her body moved sloppily and her eyes held so much emptiness.

Her face ws dry from crying and she broke down every few minutes. He did something to her. I just knew it.

She strolled around the room and I increases the red lights. The flashing in the laptop should have caught her attention, but she was too weary to pay attention.

"Sir, non penso che la nostra regina ci stia notando". A tall, lanky male with a wide beard and moustache caught my glance as he spoke up above everyone else.

In a flash, I reached into my holster and grabbed my handgun. With a simple pull of my finger, a bullet was put through his forehead. He laid on the floor lifeless with blood oozing out of his head.

His body was rapidly dragged away and out of my sight by two burly guards. I turned my head back to the wide screen not paying attention to any other face but hers and saw her tilting her head sideways at the 'sleeping' laptop.

Sembra che l'abbiamo trovata dopo ogni puttana.

"David. Is that you?" My breathing slowed down as her melodic voice filled my ears. I missed her talking, nagging and unnecessary back-talk. I missed her face smile, her everything.

The red light continued to blink

The red light continued to blink. I was certain that wasn't there before Nikolas left. I continued to stare oddly as it blinked continuously as I came closer. "David is that you?" My hopes weren't very high, I might have just been speaking to a webcam that Nikolas left on.

The blinking became rapid and stopped on a green light. I smiled to myself dreamily. Tears started to pool out of my eyes and my nose began to run.

I couldn't cry like a princess that was for sure.

I sniffed and sat on the chair in front of the desk. I settled my elbow on the table and hit the mouse click by an accident. The clicking sound echoed through the room and the screen of the laptop turned on.

A blank screen was facing me until a white box appeared. I skimmed through the words before falling on a box that had 'enter one' written beside it. Pressing onto the key the screen turned blank.

My shoulders slumped as the screen went black again. My head fell and tears poured from my orbs.

"Saryah?" Mutterings could be heard through the laptop as I stared with a wide smile on my face. "David, David I can hear you. I miss you so fucking much".

A sigh of relief sounded from the device as I rambled on about how sorry I was and he assured me he was the one to blame.

"I'm sorry you can't see me. Mario could only get this far so we had enough time to speak to you". I smiled sadly, I would have loved to see him.

"Teroso, do you have any idea where you might be? We are talking through almost every laptop in Rome and I don't know which one is yours". My heart warmed at the fact that David would risk his dodgy business just to find me. Everyone could be listening in but he found me.

"I don't know. He hasn't left Italy, he's smarter that that. David I'm sorry, all the house is surrounded by trees. But outside the window there's a lake and some mountains I can see in the distance. That's all I can give you".

My shoulders slumped further at the fact that I had little to nothing that could help him. "That's fine gattina, I think that might be a lead". I wiped my face letting out an overbearing sigh. He didn't sound very hopeful to me.

Suddenly the door downstairs started to click as Nikolas was probably putting in the key. "David, he's back from the store. I miss you, please find me". Voices could be heard as David's drowned out.

"Saryah! I'm home!"

In disgust I turned back to the screen. "I love you, Saryah". A single drop poured from my eyes as his soft voice filled my hearing holes.

"I love you too, David". After realising that was the first time I said it too him I smiled gleefully and went back to the bed. The red lights flashed before turning off again. My chest rose and fell as the door started to unlock.

Nikolas stepped in with a mischievous smirk on his face. "I got the lasagna. I popped it in the oven and we can do anything we want till it's ready. Anything at all".

He raised a hinting brow to me and I pushed back a grimace. Standing up from the bed I walked towards him slowly with a little sway in my hips. Approaching him, his eyes widened and he gulped quickly.

"I'll put away the groceries". I sent him an innocent smile before speeding towards the kitchen.

My love was coming for me.