Chapter42: Stay

Double update as promised. I worked hard on this with a lot of tissues btw. So I have the last two chapters ready but I don't know if I am generous enough to give a quadruple update. Hmmmmmm

He held my hand as my feet sunk into the bright sand, illuminating my bronze skin even further

He held my hand as my feet sunk into the bright sand, illuminating my bronze skin even further. His hands locked into mine making the perfect combination in colour. I stared at his toned body that led up to his tanned chest. On his chiseled jawline lay a shaven stubble and I could see the sideburns where his beard and hair connected. Raven, darker than a midnight sky is winter.

I refused to look into his eyes, I was still so uncomfortable under his gaze. It took me to places. "Saryah" his sudden break of silence caused me to stumble and fall onto my back. I let out giggles and heard his sweet chuckle. His hand went to my shoulder and tried to lift me up. "Come on! Get up!" my eyebrows furrowed at his sudden change in attitude.

He lifted me into his arms and I snuggled into his chest. "My chaton". A look of confusion plastered on my face as I gazed into hazel brown eyes. It was Nikolas. But the rest of his features and body were David's. I could tell his eyes from anywhere. "Get up". I was up, I tried speaking but my mouth was sealed shut. Feeling my lips stick in placed I moved my hand to touch my mouth. Tape had covered the bottom half of my face and Nikolas stared at me with the darkest look in his orbs.

Our surroundings suddenly changed, we were edging towards the end of a cliff still clad in our beachwear. Nikolas' smile seemed to edge closer and closer to his eyes in an inhumanely impossible way.

Finally at the end of the cliff Nikolas didn't even say a word and threw me carelessly. As I fell every memory I had began to reminisce. School, my friends, family, holidays, the mafia and David. The water enclosed around me as I found it difficult to breathe.

"Get up!"

"Get up!" I gasped for air sitting up in the bed. Nikolas lay above me with his hands gripping my shoulders. A slap sounded through the room and I held my face in pain. "We need to fucking go!" my eyes widened in fear. Nikolas got up from the bed and rushed around the room. "Why?" Mutterings could be heard inside the walk in wardrobe as he stuffed a duffel bag full of clothing. "He's here!"

David.

I reached under the bed pulling up one of the wooden tiles. A dark black pistol lay underneath.I had been hiding that gun in there just in case I needed to use it. Since the day that bastard took my parent's lives I knew I had to kill him. Stuffing the gun in my waistband I grabbed an outfit that only consisted of black. If I was going to kill someone for the first time I was going to be boss doing it.

Pulling on my clothes I ignored Nikolas' lingering stare an diet the sun's rays shine on my skin. Nikolas grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me roughly. The gun dropped from the leggings and landed on the ground with a thud.