Chapter25: Fire and Ice

I stood at the door shaking in fear, for once in my life I didn't know what to do

I stood at the door shaking in fear, for once in my life I didn't know what to do. The blue slab of metal mocked me as I shivered and my teeth grinded. Still bewildered Dom approached the door and opened it carefully. His surprised face was in confusion but I raised my eyes at him in question if we were leaving. I stood there with my fists clenched and unable to speak. I mumbled a quick goodbye to Pierre hoping he would hear me.

The dark haired man held onto my lower back in as he closed the door behind in him. Once Pierre was out of sight I slapped his hand away, I dug into his coat pocket and quickly and fished out his jingling car keys. Smiling his way while gritting my teeth I turned to exit the foul smelling domain.  

Dominic followed closely behind me as my trainers squished on the slippy floors. I was busy soaking my hands in sanitizer while Dom stared and me cluelessly before I clicked the keys while approaching the car quickly. If I wasnt so upset I would have enjoyed this so much.

Dominic approached the drivers side in a pathetic attempt to open the door for me. I clumsily slipped past him bumping him in the process and slamming the car door of the blood red vehicle behind me.

Once Dominic was seated, I started the car and pulled out of the hospital grounds speedily. Turning away from the gates I drove past incoming drivers straight into a mountanious road. I ignored the several horns and curses. The trees beside clouded my vision with green before my hands gripped tighter onto the wheel. The tint lightened as my knuckle bones stretch through my skin. I rubbed them up and down causing the rubber of the wheel to heat up.

I moved my hand to the gear stick increasing my speed before taking a sharp bend. "Woah tiger, calm down, we're on a bendy road" Dom's attempt of a humorous voice only caused me to increase my speed.

Did he not think I deserved to know if some idiot was trying to get me killed? I reached for the gear stick turning up the speed once more, at this rate I was confused as to how I still had control of the car. The vehicle swerved from side to side and I swiftly glided with the curves.

"Who is it Dom?! Who is trying to kill me?!" Dominic turned his head to me in fear and continuously shouted curses in Russian. His eyes held such worry that I almost felt bad for him.

"Saryah, slow down. We'll end up back in the hospital if you don't calm the fuck down!" I turned my head to him seething on fury. How dare he tell me to calm down?!

If somebody was after me, everyone around me could get hurt in the crossfire? My family, Bella.... David. I pulled at the brakes in attempt to stop the car. The cars wheel screeched against the tarmac road causing us in the car to fly forward. I don't know what came over me but salty, warm droplets of water began to pour from my eyes and soak my black top. I went straight for Dominic's open embrace, and to my amusement they felt very comforting.

********
"Saryah".

I gazed with my orbs void of emotion at the dark haired giant. My body, mind and should had been drained completely today. The last thing I needed was another fight with David.

"What?" My head swung back and forth to lazy to stand itself upright. "I'm sorry". All my bottled up emotions came pouring out as I gripped my head between my palms before crying my eyes out.

Tears poured down my face probably emptying all my bodily fluids. David sat down on the leather couch and held me tightly. I didn't pull away, I didn't scream, I just felt.

I felt cared for, loved, not alone. "Why did you leave me David, why?!" I stood up from the couch and wiped at my eyes vigorously. Hid head dropped along with his expression.

He stayed silent as if he was having a battle with himself, silently in his head. He contemplated on whether to tell me or not. I huffed angrily throwing my arms in the air before turning my back on him.

"I was scared". My feet squeezed on the floorboards as I halted in my steps. He stood up from his seated position slowly approaching me with each words. "You are perfect. The definition of the word. And you wanted to give something like that to me, of all people in the world. I'm scared I'm going to taint you, make you as ugly, dirty and disgusting as I am. Do you actually think I'm as good as you see?

Yes, I'm trying to change for you, but I don't know if I can. I'm already polluted beyond repair, love" his voice started to crack and his eyes started to water. They turned an intriguing shade of blue captivating me in his world.

"Do you know when I killed my first man? Do you know how destroyed my heart is? I'm a thief! A murder! A-" I cut him short of his words pressing my lips against his.

The sensation of his cool lips against my warm ones was the perfect combination of fire and ice. Good and evil. Love and hate. We were that combination that the world needed to still have hope.

We pulled back and I rested my head on his. With my hands still wrapped tightly round his jawline I whispered to him,

"Who broke you my dear, who broke you?"