Chapter40: Checkmate

I scrubbed at the area until the skin turned from light golden brown tinted to pink. The skin began to tear and sting coming in contact with the warm air. But that didn't stop me.

The stinging sensation increased as the material drove across my skin, from the end to the beginning of my arm. I needed to wash him off me.

His scent.

Breath.

Touch.

A loud knock against the door kicked me out of my trance. "Saryah! Get the fuck out". I huffed slumping my body and grabbing a towel. Turning the faucet off I put lotion on my body and threw on a clean pair of Nikolas' sweatpants, a pair of boxers and his shirt. I stared in the mirror at my drowsy form. I looked so tired, eyes were droopy with bags underneath.

All through the night I'm awake trying to get Nikolas to peel his arms off me that I'm too scared to sleep well. My curls were sad and lost of life, they should just give up like I did. Turning the lock I threw the towel in the hamper before coming face to face with Nikolas. He had his mouth sealed as if he wanted to tell me something.

"What is it?" I smiled his way and pulled me to his side. Smashing my bruises right against him, it took all my willpower not to whimper. Nikolas had me facing the bed and I gasped at all designer bags on it.

"I know it was risky and if I got caught you wouldn't have me anymore". I rolled me eyes at his foolishness, I wish he did get caught by David. I wouldn't miss him one fucking bit. Perfumes and shoes scattered the floor and the bed was filled with clothing. Leggings, oversized hoodies, jeans and crop tops. "How do you know what I like to wear?" The question came out of my mouth before I could even think about it first. I placed the dress I was marvelling at down before turning to Nikolas.

He had a dark look in his eyes and a devilish smile on his face. "I know everything about you chaton". Fear washed over me and at that very moment, I realised Nikolas was not only bipolar with insecurity issues.

But he was a phsyco.