Chapter8: The Wedding

"You look breathtaking honey," my father said before he walked me down the aisle

"You look breathtaking honey," my father said before he walked me down the aisle. When the guards opened the doors. David stood at the altar almost looking relieved that I came. He stared me up and down and I swear I almost saw hope in his eyes. As I reached the altar my mother quickly found the end of my dress while my father and Claire held my hands. Both my parents kissed me on the cheek whispering apologies before they took their seats. 

David stared at me in complete awe. His blue eyes were now as bright as a clear sunny sky. He wore a crisp black suit jacket lined with suede. His bow tie covered almost all his collar. He finished off the suit with a white button up shirt, a black waist coat, black trousers and black shiny shoes. His hair was not his usual bedhead look, it was gelled back and the sides were lightly shaved. He also trimmed his beard and mustache. 

He looked happy even though he wasn't his usual smiley self

He looked happy even though he wasn't his usual smiley self. He held both my hands as we recited my overnight learned vows. His own were deep and meaningful causing me to worry about what Claire had wrote for me. I told her I could do it myself but she said and I quote "Chill, I got this in the bag".

After all the vows were said, the priest asked David to kiss me. My face turned bright red and gave him a quick peck. He took it to his advantage and swung me down face me away from the crowd lips still attached. He helped me back up smirking at my bewildered expression. After taking a few pictures, we headed to the reception. 

I found it hard to move around in my dress and David gave me worried eyes. As I was speaking to a family friend of the Gandy's, David pulled me away abruptly and dove into a fast dance. His feet were quick causing my to be a jumbled mess. But people could only see my over-sized white dress swaying. "Let's go get you something more comfortable to wear, yeah".

I giggled as he pulled me towards the exit. The hotel was huge, people in the lobby stared at us in awe and some whispered at how cute we were together. My dress blocked people from coming downstairs but for some reason they didn't seem to mind. At all. 

David took off his shoes and pulled of my heels. We sprinted together towards the end of the hallway where Claire was staying. He stumbled over my dress landing on his back. Once he reached Claire's room I laughed at him and called him slow. "What is her code?" He continued pressing different numbers. I squeezed past him and brought my manicured fingers to the keypad. 1.2.3.4.