Chapter28: Any Other Way

I jumped on the plush bed sighing into the warm blankets

I jumped on the plush bed sighing into the warm blankets. The heavenly cotton stroked my cheeks as I sank further into the bed before hearing a loud and sharp knock on the door. "Come in" I lazily moaned out a quiet response still able to be heard.

The sound of a cart being dragged followed by the clicks of its wheels and soft footsteps could not be heard over David's noisy razor. Hearing the door softly click  I turned towards the cart of food. The seafood aroma woke up my taste buds and immediately had me drooling. 

Lifting the silver cloche I gawked at the evenly lined scallop dish. My eyes bulged and a sickening smile spread across my face. I dug straight into the meal not wasting a second for it to get colder.

The bathroom door opened and steam came pouring out, David leaned against the door frame with only a towel handing dangerously low on his waist. The clear liquid poured down from his hairline down to the tips of his nose and chin.

They paved their way down his sculpted shoulders curving in between his pecs and tanned abs. My mouth threatened to drool for the first time and I subconsciously lowered my head.

"Bambino" David's strong accent seemed to thicken the second we stepped foot in Italy. A ruby blush crawled up my cheeks as I swallowed what was in my mouth.

"You can shower now". He smirked my way licking his lips as the bright orange sauce dripped from my lips. He stalked over to me slowly taking my hand and standing me up. He brought out his tongue and licked the sauce travelling down.

"I said the showers free". I nodded my head rapidly trying to peel my hand from his own. "There's only one towel".

Why would a  four star hotel only put one towel in a room?

He nodded his head down below indicating the one thing I was hoping he wouldn't signal. My eyes widened and he let out a soft chuckle. "Take it". He drew his bottom lip in between his teeth causing my heart to race wickedly.

I stepped forward freeing myself. With his back still turned I grabbed the towel and dashed for the bathroom. Prior to closing the door I took a sneaky glance at his behind.

My face heated up and I slammed the door before he could turn around. I brushed my teeth quickly and turned on the shower. Testing the waters I jumped in taking my times to ease out my muscles.

A loud crash broke me out of my soothing relaxations and I whipped my head in the direction of the room. I wrapped the towel securely And swung the slab of wood open. David paced the floor in thin sweatpants latching onto his hair and muttering curses.

His hair took a long straining as I stealthily approached his panicking figure. His back was turned to me giving me the advantage. I wrapped my hands around his waist feeling our warmth collide.

I placed a small per under his shoulder blades as his being calmed down. I nuzzled my head into his back inhaling deeply. "Was there anything else Saryah?".

I pulled my head back, I didn't realise how long it had been since he called me by my name. "The note was the morning after the shooting. The night you carried me into the suite". He spun around with his eyebrows furrowed and a quizzical look plastered across his face.

"I was drunk off my ass, and you were already sleeping when I came back". His statement came out as more of a question he was asking himself. Repeating his staments in my head I went straight into panic mode.

Who carried me in? Who knows what they could've done to me?

David pulled out of embrace and headed towards the bedside table picking the second vase he three it at the wall. I watched in horror as the object smashed into tiny pieces.

I stepped back slowly with fear overtaking my mind. David turned to me and his eyes softened as he met my watering ones. "Teroso-". I cut him off sharply shaking my head like I had lost my senses.

"Don't. I'm not going to walk out on you because I'm not doing that again. If you have a problem, don't throw shit around wasting money. You talk it out, when you don't get your way don't be a spoilt brat. Talk. It. Out". I looked up at him sternly narrowing my eyes. "I get it, you always get what you want, but there is no way I will tolerate this anger. And if you get angry over something like this..... only god knows what you could do to me".

Tears outed put of my eyes one by one as David inched closer towards me. "I would never, ever hurt you. You are my world, bambino". He sincerely placed a sweet and slow kiss on my lips as a seal of his promise.

His raven hair flopped down in front of his eyes. Pulling back I took his phone and plugged it into the speaker by the television. I quickly typed in his password as he sent me a look asked how I knew it.

I giggled shaking my head and scribing through his dance playlist. Orchestra music and Renaissance artists  was all I could see before stumbling on some Frank Sinatra.

Fly Me To The Moon played softly I'm the background as David and I swayed to the rhythm. He held another hand mischievously low on my back. I rested my head on his pecs taking a small lick. He let out a deep chuckle and his chest vibrated.

"You're very wierd my love" he held out his arm swinging me. I held the towel that threatened to fall while he pulled me back. My close to bronze chest peeked out of the towel making me embarrassed even further. I laid on his arm as he caressed my face gently, scared if I was so fragile I would break.

"But I wouldn't want you any other way".