Chapter6: Regret

The taxi pulled up in front of my whistling like he has been for the past thirty minutes

The taxi pulled up in front of my whistling like he has been for the past thirty minutes. The anger that was cooking up inside me was almost ready to be unleashed. I saw the red doors that gave my family privacy from the outside world. A smile soon replaced the frown hat was temporarily implanted on my face. I was home.

Finally.

I swung open the door ignoring the drivers curses and swears in Spanish as he pulled away. The second he sped off a black Range Rover landed in the brightly colored cars place. No. How did he find out? I quickened my steps towards the house as he pushed open the door. 

I sped up sprinting towards the double red doors in hope for my parents to notice the cars. I felt a hand slide around my waist and grab my hands before I could reach the doorbell. The stronger being pulled me back until we reached the car. 

I struggled kicking my feet and throwing my arms around hoping one of the neighbors would hear or see me. I felt his prickly stubble brush against my scalp. He dragged me to the passengers side of the car with my vain attempts to stop him. 

My hand flew upwards colliding with the bottom of his chin. His head didn't even flinch before he through me onto the leather seat. He slammed the door in my face before using the remote to secure the doors were locked. I huffed in my seat as he quickly unlocked and locked the doors settling himself into the drivers seat.

He sat in silence rubbing his chin a few times. I wasn't a violent person, it was totally accidental. But there is not a hope- of Michael Jackson raising from the dead- that I was going to apologize. 

He started the car staring straight ahead. As we pulled out of the estate I was wondering why he chose to stay silent. I glanced at him multiple times, gaping and taking in how good he looked when he drove. I stared as his biceps flexed in a leather jacket as he gripped onto thee steering wheel and gear stick. 

"You're very stubborn Saryah". I gasped and my eyebrows furrowed together. "Me" I pointed to my chest in disbelief. I was stubborn. Me. I was sassy at times maybe a little bit of diva in there. But not stubborn. Do I look like a goat to you?

"One. You refuse to stay still, you're getting married you should be happy. I thought girls looked forward to things like that."

Not when I'm eighteen, without a third level education. 

I bit my lip trying my hardest not to spit out any snarky comments. "Two. You never do what I tell you. You listen to Helga and Claire. Claire. But not me. The most rational one in that house!"

Rational. Ppffffh. That's a way to describe it!

"And finally three. I know deep down, you didn't regret that kiss. And you're not only leaving to see you're parents but to hide away from me". 

Anger. Frustration. Shock. Confusion. Rage. I did not know how to pin what mood I was in right now. "Who do you think you are! Who is actually complimenting you so much you think you're that amazing!" I swung me head around in anger staring at him with my eyebrows furrowed. "What?" He had a smirk plastered on the bottom half of his face which pissed me off even more. 

"I don't like reapeatin-"

"Yourself. I know you a lot more than you think I do. You know, I've never met someone had a hidden layer underneath another layer of themselves they were trying to hide.

I know that behind all that innocence and politeness. You've got a rage a fire started by a bomb. A uncontrollable feisty and fierce attitude. And hiding under that skin... You're scared. Scared you're going to be hurt. Left alone. Forgotten. See were alike. Way more than you think. I understand you that's you're so afraid".

I stared at him with tears welding up in my eyes. I jumped into the back seat behind him avoiding his gaze through the mirror.  A silent tear trickled down my tilted face reaching the tip of my nose. I vigorously wiped it away as we pulled up into the mansion.

I opened the door carefully while David still sat in his seat with his seat belt on. I put a foot outside my door, "Oh and David. You're right. About one thing at least. I did run away from you. But only because I regretted that kiss." My voice cracked at the end signalling my it was my time to leave. 

I gave the door a little push behind me and speed walked to the house. Travelling past all the guards I kept my head down not wanting them to see me upset. "Saryah , would you like something in particular for dinner". I looked back at Helga who's expression completely died down as she saw my red eyes. 

"I'm okay Helga, not really hungry right now". The front door open and closed as David solemnly strolled in. I turned my back on both of them furiously and rushed towards my room. I closed and locked the door behind me and jumped on the bed. I dipped a bit too far and I went flying back up. Who changed the mattress?

Exhilaration coursed it's way through my veins as I bounced up and down. The air brushed my hair back as I giggled happily. The sweet moment only lasted a while as I heard a knock on the door. "Saryah. Can I come in? I knew he probably had a key to the door, but was trying to be polite. I turned my back on him pretending to sleep. I head the door unlock with a click and heavy footsteps sound through the room. 

His heels grew quiet as he approached my tense body. He made no movements for almost three seconds before I felt and finger stroke my cheek. The soft finger left a burning trail as it made its way up and down my heated cheek. "I'm scared too, but I know you don't regret our kiss". He lifted his hand. And slowly exited the room leaving the door unlocked. 

I sat up with rosy cheeks panting like a maniac. So far,

1. I had to go with Crazy Claire almost all morning to pick out a dress.

2. After lunch, David kissed me. 

3. I tried to run away, I almost got caught by my best friends.

4.  David found me at my house, and I was violent. Plus he made me cry.

5. Finally. The worst of all.

I am getting married...... THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW.