Chapter15: Golden Rays

A silent tear paved its way down my cheek as I heard the dark spirited man discuss about me past the two thin blocks of polished grey wood. "I only took her on a date so she wouldn't run away......." somebody else was speaking to him but his voice was loud enough for me to hear.

My head felt as if it would explode right this second but I had striven and pushed myself to wake up. So everything was a lie. I thought I was changing him. 

What about everything he told me, it was to cosy me up so then we could get through this marriage easily. How could he?! A rhythmic pain coursed through my head silencing the words that my ears were disgusted by. "The wedding night. Pppfhh. It was a mistake. I was just getting her to think getting married to me wouldn't be such a bad thing. She is here to be my Mafia's queen....... And nothing else". 

Holding my head in my hands the pain became almost unbearable. I whimpered standing back up. The world became blurry as I fell into another engulfing darkness. 

**********

The sunlight bled into the darkness as yet another day was coming to an end. The bright ball of flames let out it's last burning rays before it was due to fall. The golden rows of sunshine lit up the young woman's face as she lightly convulsed in agitation. 

The room door closed. 

A man confused of who he was, yet seemed to be fixated on who he wanted to be, decided to leave his luxurious stay and go for a walk to clear his head. But everyone knew there was not much clearing to be done. 

He had lied. 

Let out too many, to somebody he treasured deeply. He knew dearly that he felt something, everyday he sat by her bed like he was super glued to the seat. Nobody could convince him to leave her side. 

He was frustrated. Perplexed. Yet so simply... Scared