Chapter33: Needing Her

His hazel eyes clashed with my sea blue as we stared at each other in silence

His hazel eyes clashed with my sea blue as we stared at each other in silence. Neither of us dared to speak first, I wanted to win. He needed to tell me why I was here. The sunlight poured into the room illuminating the rustic brown floorboards and homey designs.

He still didn't back down, his eyes held so much darkness too hard to explain. The hurt, the evil in them was terrifying. A shiver ran down my spine but I still didn't break eye contact. His jaw clenched as he realised I wasn't going to speak to him nor back down.

"Was the breakfast good?" His french accent caused my ears to heat up. I was angry. "Cut the bullshit Nick. Why am I here?" the dead tone in my voice was meant to come out authorative and angry, but beyond all this I was definitely dissapointed. The fact that David, a man that used one, two, three, four as his passwords could predict him shows that he needs better game.

I regretted my tone of speech as he stood up from his seat. His face was cast down shadowing his features, including his sharp jawline. He knelt in front of me with his eyes still cast downward and I tried my best to keep up the facade.

His head shot up so quickly I didn't even see as his hand approached my neck. He squeezed tightly cutting off my steady breaths. The dark skin around his hair covered hand drew together and started to darken in colour.

His grip grew tighter until I started seeing spots. "Listen bitch! I call the shots here, you listen and make yourself useful. I've been observing you. And to your luck, I taking a liking to you. I want us to work Saryah". His face softened and his mood completely changed. The feeling of his hand still clutching to my neck stayed and I touched it softly.

"Work with me girl. This could be beautiful if you want it to be. Don't fight me baby". My eyes widened. It was as clear as day. Nikolas De La Fontaine was the craziest person I had met in my life.

I had been awake for little less than an hour and I already know I his mood swings. "I'll get you some ice and you can go upstairs to get changed. My room is third floor second door".

I nodded softly and stood up. Nikolas and I had taken care of my bruises and cuts, they didn't sting as much but the pain was irritating. Walking up the stairs I memorised all the exits for future use.

The corridor was juts like the rest of the house with maple brown flooring tiles. The end of the hall was unable to be seen but the golden lock on the door was drawing my attention.

My legs moved slowly on their own accord. Inching closer and the closer warnings blew up in my head but I pushed the thoughts aside and continued my journey. The golden sphere was beckoning upon me, but suddenly Nikolas was too.

I dashed for his bedroom trying my hardest to not let my steps become known. I swung open the door and closed it softly. The room was similarly designed to the rest of the building.

A large bed lay in the middle with red poles at each edge. Heading straight for the wardrobe I couldn't hear Nikolas call my name. I slid the door of the structure open and was faced with mens clothing from top to bottom. They seemed quite expensive for plain clothes. At the top suits of all colours were hung. I grabbed a white top, tracksuit bottoms and boxers.

Peeling off my bikini I shivered at the sudden contact with the air. Bending over to remove all of it the cuts on my back and stomach stung and I hissed in pain.

The clothes that Nikolas had for me were quite baggy and oversized, but considering his height and width I didn't wonder too much. Exiting the bedroom I wished to stay away from Nikolas longer. He stood at the foot of the steps awaiting on me.

A sly smirk appeared on his face and I almost gagged in disgust. He eyed me up and down as if I was some sort of flavoured meat. Reaching my face I sent him the most deadpan expression I could muster. His mood died down and he cleared his throat. "I'm going to work now, you can come with me if you like or watch some television".

He was leaving.

I tried my hardest not to let my excitement be shown on my face. "I'll stay". I cast my face down so he wouldn't see it. The happiness that was coursing through my being right now.

"Stay where? I'm just gonna be in the office chaton". I sighed heavily, walking towards the living room I rolled my eyes so hard I thought they would fall to view my brain.

I could hear Nikolas chuckle as he made his way to wherever the office was. I turned on the television and flicked my way through channels. I needed to get out of here. Running my eyes around the building I searched for exits. All the windows seemed to be padlocked and I wasn't confident I could start digging under his couch.

"David Gandy, major hotel chain owner has had devastating news. As of yesterday his wife has been missing. Authorities said she had been kidnapped and they are trying everything they can do to help. Mr Gandy is extremely worried and is personally searching for his spouse". I gasped holding my hand to my mouth.

He was looking for me.

"You shouldn't be watching this shit". The television blanked and I looked to my side. "What the fuck!" I stared at Nikolas in complete and utter rage. His face turned red and his eyes darkened scarily.

"You don't need him. You barely know him. And you belong to me now. I love you baby". I shook my head involuntarily. I couldn't believe this.

He didn't want me to get at David.

He wanted me.