Chapter5: My World

Without further thought I continued to dash towards the shiny steel building

Without further thought I continued to dash towards the shiny steel building. My feet ran as fast as they could letting the cold wind brush against my face and blow back my hair. I didn't think about analyzing how long it would take for David to find out I was gone. I just wanted to see my parents. Lost in thought, I didn't see the tree root in front of me, causing my to fall head first into the ground. I tumbled downhill with all sorts of vegetation hitting my face and getting in my mouth. 

My back ached due to the pain of rolling over rocks. A high pitched screech came out from my mouth as I came close to a golden substance. My body landed on yellow like sand with a thud. I struggled to get to my feet traumatized by what just happened. The aching in my back started to fade as I reached up to stretch out. My clothes and face was covered in mud and other forest plant life. I pulled twigs out of my well nourished hair, cringing in disgust.

A hiking couple walked past me staring like I was from outer space. The lady literally took off her sunglasses and stared at me with a wide open mouth until I wasn't in their view. I followed the line of brushes carefully until I reached the entrance to the hiking trail. I followed the road with strangers staring at me and some asking if I needed spare change. 

"Mommy, why is that girl covered in dirt?" A little red haired girl pointed in my direction, trying to get the attention of my busy mother. "I told you to stop with your fibs, Ally". I smiled at the girl feeling the dry mud crease on my skin. She smiled back at me and waved giggling in the process.

Her mother turned her neck with her shoulder length, straight blonde hair swinging in the process. She widened her eyes in horror before grabbing her child's arm and speeding away. I approached the beautiful building and sighed in delight, the smell was alluring but I had no money. I stared through the glass doors in awe. Bella, Mason and I used to hang out here after school almost every two days. 

A blonde haired boy that was facing his back to me took his order and sat beside a brunette, she wore all black, she reminded me of Bella who refused to leave he house without a piece of black clothing on. The sun kissed golden haired held none other than a Vanilla bean frappucino and a black coffee. I stared at the pair for longer, realizing the brunette was Bella and the dreamy, boy was Mason! Bella stared at the coffee shop window before tilting her head in confusion.

Her dark brown orbs enlarged as she pointed to me in the window. Before Mason could turn to see me, I dashed towards the alleyway. I hid behind he wall in the dark and slummy alleyway hearing their voices fade away. I looked down and the white sole of my trainers seeing as the almost matched the color of the substance that floated in a puddle by the bins. Ew! I cringed in disgust taking in my surroundings. My heart rate sped up as I heard footsteps approach me. A dark haired man with pale skin approached me licking his lips. "You here for some fun baby". I shoved him away from me and sprinted towards my initial direction. 

I was really having a bad day. 

************
I finally reached the gleaming building sighing in joy and relief. Just on time a taxi sped down the lane, a tanned man with a bushy mustache at in the front with a wide smile on his face. Involuntarily I opened the amber door and sat down quietly. "Where to senorita?" his Latin American accent made me smile. Although I did french in high school, my father was given birth to in Kingston, Jamaica, but lived in Puerto Rico for almost all his life. 

And my mom was born in Washington. They met each other at a dancing convention. They were partners and my mother said she hated him at first because he was too cocky and told her she had no hips. "353 Diamond Avenue, Steel Estates please". The man let out a loud whistle and a pop of his lips at the end. "Rich bitch" he muttered under his breath. I rolled my eyes and turned my focus to the palm trees that lined the road. 

I held the scrawny guard by his collar, threatening his life

I held the scrawny guard by his collar, threatening his life. "Where the fuck is she?!" He flinched at my sudden outburst and opened his mouth. I cringed at the lingering smell of smoke that he exhaled. "We don't know sir" I dropped him to the ground beside his limp, life drained workers. "Sh- she's very smart boss. And sassy too boss. She even outsmarted me". 

Well that's not too hard.

"She's very intelligent and she plans everything before she does it, sh- she- she already planned to outsmart us bo-". "Shut the fuck up! I know who she is. That's why I want her." I turned my back on him and proceeded towards the open office door. I faced Dante and Alfredo nodding to the sharply. I closed the door behind me hearing the sound of screams and guns clicking. I smiled to myself in delight, I loved my world. 

So, Saryah was going to have to get used to it too.