Chapter4: Free As A Bird

His lips felt like a drug, and I was addicted

Wait-

 I lifted my arms up pushing him as hard a I could. David pulled back but was unfazed. A silent tear rolled down my cheek as I stared at the satin sheets. What was happening to me? Ever since this guy came into my life everything has been crashing down. The sadness that overtook my being was becoming overbearing. I felt like I cheated on Mason and he wasn't even here. 

David sat on the bed but I could only see the tip of his knee upfront of my crossed ankles. "You stole it. Get out" the bed still had a dip, "just go David. NOW!" He flinched back and glumly hoisted himself out of the bed. I watched his back as he slowly and steadily walked to the door. He put his hand on the golden handle and opened it carefully.

The door was open by a creak, and just as he was about to walk out he stopped in his tracks. My minded wanders to different places as I asked myself questions. What was he going to do? Why did he stop? "Just so you know Saryah, the wedding is in two days. And... soon, very soon. You will be mine, I will be able to do what ever I please with you." And with that he shut the door silently except for the click of the lock. I sat on my bed completely dazed. Two days. 

I had two days to escape. 

I jumped of the bed and looked out the window. My eyes played tricks on me as I stared from the fourth floor. A sour liquid rose up in my throat as the ground looked further and further away. I departed from the windowsill as if it was diseased. I sat under it letting my head  squish beneath the polished wooden surface. 

The liquid slithered it's way back down my throat. I breathed in and out multiple times in hope to calm myself down, shaking my head multiple times I gave myself a pep talk. 

Come on Saryah! You're fear of heights is not going to stop you from having your life back. 

I shook my shoulders and jumped up, hitting my head in the process. I looked down again and realized I was on the third floor. I didn't open the window in case any of the guard heard. I looked down and saw three guards chatting to each other. As I pressed my ears against the window I could hear a couple words they were conversing to each other about..... Claire! I silently prayed David would catch  them. No person deserved to have things like that said about them woman or not.

They blocked some sort of back door. I ran to the door of my room feeling like it was in slow motion. I peeked out the door seeing nobody in the hallways. Crap! My clothes. It was too late for a fashion show now. I grabbed a white California jumper from my unpacked duffle bag, black mesh leggings and black trainers. I plaited my hair as quick as I could knowing I wouldnt be able to run with my natural hair in my face.

As I stealthily made my way to the landing and down the stairs

As I stealthily made my way to the landing and down the stairs. I realized nobody was here except this three guards. I followed the direction of my room but on the first floor. It was in the kitchen. I faced the door wishing the guards would vanish. They continued to chat and smoke. 

I paced the space by the island that was not visible to them. I got the best idea and stomped towards the door. As I flung open the door I broke into a sprint. The guards continued to follow me towards the mini forest. At the green forest I came to some lawn and stopped. They froze in their tracks too. 

I turned my back quietly with a smile in my face. "Guys, guys guys. You fell into my trap. I'm so sure Mr Gandy would hate too see his.." I bent down to feel the dark green grass. "Beautiful fake forest, burnt with cigarettes.... because there's no other way you can catch me without dropping them. But I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you put one of his many  future worthless wives ahead of his amazing, expensive, rich artificial forest." They looked at each other while I laughed. It reminded me of the old version of the three stooges. 

Before they could think about it I broke into a sprint. Leaving them behind I ran straight ahead. My feet ran across the ground faster than I thought they would. Soon my feet started to break twigs instead of soft grass. I looked ahead slowing down my pace. 

It led into a real forest. Crap!

I continued running straight ahead dodging trees and bushes. I jumped over tree barks with only the thought of being free in my mind. I saw a bright light ahead of me through a few evergreen trees. I squished through the barks of sticky trees grimacing. Then I saw it. L.A. the city was beautiful, the sound of beeping horns and afternoon taxis overpowered all noises. The sun's rays shone on the skyscrapers. I saw the Walt Disney Concert Hall. I knew my way from there, I could get a bus or taxi. 

Yes, I was finally free.