Chapter29: Beautiful

I blinked my eyes multiple times adjusting to the blinding light of the sun

I blinked my eyes multiple times adjusting to the blinding light of the sun. I stretched our my arms instantly feeling the heavy weight on my bottom half. A bush of black hair lay still at my waist, his biceps wrapped around my torso and drool dripped from his open mouth staining his t shirt I was wearing.

He head faced away from the sin causing a dark shadow to fall on the left side of his face. He looked like art, so peaceful. I grabbed his phone taking a picture and sending it to Claire and Helga.

Putting the phone down I felt his body shake under me. He whipped his head from side to side in agitation. "Stop" he whispered pleas and angry swears as he shook his head violently. I watched him in confusion while he squeezed me tighter.

"David" I placed my hand on his shoulder and his head shot up in nanosecond. Observing his surroundings his eyes held so much pain I almost broke down myself. Silently he switched positions and held me close to his chest wrapping his arms around me. The silence in the room was deafening. The tension could be cut with a knife, but we laid still neither of us breaking the unspoken rule.

"He will have to kill me before he gets to you".

********

"What about this one?" David was judging what bikini I would wear because apparently all of them were inappropriate.

Neither of us brought up this morning even during breakfast with Ivan and Dom. I wanted him to tell me when the time was right and not to feel forced to do anything. "Ivan only said we should go to the beach because he wants to see you in a bikini".

I burst out in giggles as David rolled his eyes in anger. "I'll surprise you". I ran to the bathroom with the bag full of clothes. Picking out the swimsuit I wanted I threw denim shorts and a baseball t shirt over it.

Walking out of the bathroom David wore a pair of blue shorts and a matching top. I sent him a sweet smile before tossing him the car keys and grabbing my shoes. We left the room together hand in hand before seeing Dom and Ivan waiting by the elevator.

"I don't understand why we are going to the beach, when there is a crazy guy on the loose". My eyes widened in fear as I unconsciously tugged at David's hand to head back to the room. He growled in Dominic's way keep his grip firm on my hand.

Dom held his hands in surrender, before laughing and saying he was kidding. I stared at him in the corner of my eyes catching his daring glance at my legs again. The elevator was silent in awkwardness before Ivan broke it talking about the woman he had last night.

Arriving at the last floor Ivan's mouth was kept shut after I scolded him not to speak about women as if they were property. David held a subtle smirk on his face and licked his bottom lip.