Chapter16: On His Knees

The unhappy woman had her back turned from me as she prepared a mug of chamomile tea for me

The unhappy woman had her back turned from me as she prepared a mug of chamomile tea for me. The steam rose into the air ending it's way at the ceiling. Staring at their short life span was my only source of entertainment. The bookshelf so gladly filled was on the other side of the room reminding me to check that out later. The pain in my head started to ease as time passed by and Helga made me cups of soothing teas.

"He left for a walk"

"I wasn't wondering"

Helga sucked I in a breath through her teeth and picked up the tray of tea. I couldn't blame her, I was acting like a bitch and I didn't know why.

Fucks sake.

Of course I did. I was mad. At David, yes.

Most definitely.

But mainly at myself. How could I let him play me like that, I didn't even pin point that all the hidden sweetness was fake. Helga approached the bed placing the tray on the table and staring sadly at me. I sent her apoligising eyes and sipped the burning liquid hastily.

The scorching drink travelled it's way down my throat causing me to wince in slight pain, but the sensation and taste was too good to stop drinking.

Helga placed a soft kiss on head and proceeded out of the room. When she reached the door she halted in her tracks and craned her head to the side. She didn't make eye contact and her voice was agonisingly soft. "He'll come round. He's just a confused idiot. Don't let him treat you like rubbish because he doesn't know who he is and what he needs. Just be his wife". She left me on the bed with nothing but the bustling of the cities shops closing and friends departing.

Just be his wife....

A small smirk forced it's way out my face, I couldn't help it. The ideas that popped into my mind were ones that shouldn't stay a fantasy. He wanted a ruthless mafia queen of no feel.... yet he wanted a loyal, stay at home, cooking, cleaning wife.

That'll be easy.

*************

He closed the door behind him and the only source of light was the bedside lamp I was using to read my book. He wore a dark grey silk robe and matching boxers. His hair was a mess and just the way I liked it. But right now, all I wanted to do was pull his raven flowy locks right out of his scalp. He scratched the back if his neck finding the silence uncomfortable.

His Adams apple bobbed in nervousness as I held the biggest fake smile on my face

His Adams apple bobbed in nervousness as I held the biggest fake smile on my face. I looked down and scratched the back of my neck with a small flirtatious smile in my face.

"Thanks you know, for staying with me and all" I looked back into his eyes with artificial sincerity. The blue orbs light up in happiness that he quickly tried to cover with a cough.

"It's fine. I'm sorry, for what I did I was just angry. I thought you weren't coming back or you tried to run away." His voice held an unknown sadness and I realised how easy it was to read him.

A hand being placed on mine shook me out of my wondering thoughts and I focused on him once again.

Two can play at this game..

I blushed and looked away. "It's fine I should have told you before I left". He sent me and warm smile and lifted his hand. "I'm happy you're awake. Everyone missed you".

"Did you?" I mustered up the most innocent but advancing face and stared at him sweetly. He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck weirdly. " Yeah, we all did". I stood up and straightened the outfit I had changed into when he was out.

I stood right in front of him staring into his eyes. "Thank you". My voice was low almost to a bare whisper as I stared right into his face. I placed a soft kiss on his cheek rolling my eyes in the process.

His face turned crimson ad he let out yet more awkward coughs and stepped towards the exit. I settled back into bed and watched him leave. He closed the door softly behind him and I heard a few whispers.

Tip toeing stealthily to the door I pressed me ear against it firmly. David's voice held a foreign feeling and Helga sounded happy. Joyous even.

"I went to clear my head and I realised....... There was obviously a reason as to why I took her on impulse in the first place. I think I'm starting to fall for her Helga". Regret and guilt coursed through my being as I replayed his last sentence in my head.

But my screams and cries for help overpowered that guilt and all I felt left was anger. No way was I backing down now. He hurt me and now he was going to pay.

He wanted a wife.

I'll give him one.

He wants me not to leave him.

I'll have him begging on his knees for my parents to take me back....