Chapter 20: The L Word

"It's all my fault"

"It's all my fault". I crouched down holding my head in my palms. Feeling eyes on my lower back I reached back up brushing the hair out of my face. "David I'm so sorry". He shrugged and sent me a carefree smile "shit like this happens".

"So," we turned back to the dark haired woman clad in a navy pantsuit. "As I said, the money can be paid into the account of the hotel. I'm sure you could make an arrangement to steadily pay the seven hundred and fifty thousand" my mouth flung open. I was worried about the bill, thinking David would freak out he stood there smiling at the woman.

Did he not hear what she just said!?

He turned around swiftly, stalking down the hallway to his room. The firefighters turned off the television and coffee machine winking or blowing me kisses. Cringing in utter disgust I craned my head back towards the direction David had went.

Shortly after he returned with a brown envelope and handed it to the woman. "Get your ass and you're perverted men out of here". The woman's eyes widened, "and I only put five hundred thousand, don't overcharge in search of quick money next time". Sashaying out of the house her men took it as a signal to leave too.

As the last few trotted their way out of the hotel room, the image of arctic penguins flashed in my mind. A blonde haired man slightly older than the rest approached me smirking. His smirk was slightly lopsided which had me immediately comparing it to David's.

"Hey, belle", I silently groaned in my head. He did not have an ounce of self respect. Obviously, if he wasn't blind he'd see that a woman and a man are in the same hotel suite, they look nothing alike, which puts the idea of the being an item straight into you're mind. Yet, stupidly enough you decide to try and chat her up.

He held my hand slowly bending down to place a kiss on it. Too perplexed, I let him achieve whatever he had in mind. His prickly beard poked the back of my hand stinging the area of soft skin. He stood back up showing his pearly white teeth. He winked at me stepping backwards probably getting a better view of my body.

Before he could turned towards the exit, he was kneeling down on the floor while David had his throat in his tight grasp. The man's face started to turn from a light pink too a bright purple. Their boss came running back in, panic was written all over her face but she valued her life enough not to go near David.

"David, stop." His hold around the mans crimson body part loosened as he turned to me. His gaze softened as he let the man drop silently to the floor. The man's limp but alive body was hoisted up and dragged out of the hotel room by his co-workers.

Sighing in frustration I made my way to the font door to lock it. "I want... I need you Saryah." I stopped in my tracks and turned back to him. "I need you to be with me. Not this contract wife thing you've got going on. Fuck! I want to give you the world. It's the least of what you deserve. I want to be my mafia's queen, but I also want you to be my queen.

I want to treat you like a fucking princess, spoil you every single second of the whole day.Every single part of you is perfection. And it's mine. That's why I hate sharing. These feelings that I've been denying for the past few weeks are something I can't explain. I tried shutting you out but it only made me think about you constantly.

See, I don't usually have these kinds of feelings and now, with Helga's help, I have realised, that the feeling of not wanting to be away from somebody. The feeling of hurt when they are upset at you or happy without you, the feeling of not fucking sharing what's yours"

Swiftly, he grabbed the small piece of white paper my admirer had given me and threw it to the ground clearly indicating it meant nothing.

"The feeling of showing somebody they belong to you. The feeling of wanting to be near them, protect them, care for them. It's called love,"

I backed up to the door scrambling for the handle. My sweaty plans chose to slip off the cold handle. My heart raced as I heard shoes pace closer and closer to me frantic body. I continuously scrambled for the door handle before getting a secure grip.

I needed to get out of here. Fast! This couldn't be happening. The first day of my plan is going perfectly. Too perfectly it's almost making my heart melt. The tall door slammed behind me causing a deep sound to echo through the suite. I flinched in surprise sweating in anticipation of what was to come. And then, the three words I had dreaded to be directed towards me came out of his plump, rose velvety lips.

"I love you Saryah".