Chapter10: Simple

I woke up in the morning with a banging headache

I woke up in the morning with a banging headache. I looked at the bedside table staring at the alarm clock in disbelief. It was eight am. All I could think about was that man in the restaurant yesterday. David and I didn't even visit the tower and I had a feeling it was because of that man. Who was he? Why did he tell me he was going to see me soon?

My contemplating only made my headache worse as I made my way downstairs to pour myself a cup of coffee. Entering the kitchen I switched on the lights yawning like a sloth. My body was just waking up, but I needed more. I needed a workout. Some people eat when they're stressed. I work out. I run till my feet can't move anymore. Till my heart practically gives up.

It's not like I am punishing myself but I need it. It makes me feel alright. I ran up to the room rummaging through my bags, pulling out black leggings and a matching sports set, I grabbed a hair band. I looked in the mirror sighing to myself.

*********

I walked through the halls as everyone stared at me. What was going on? Why we're they giggling. As I arrived at my homeroom, I realized my teacher wasn't there. I swing open the door slowly and the whole class went silent. I carefully strolled towards my seat in the middle of Bella and Mason. My best friends in the whole world. Everybody turned in their desks giving me weird looks. "Ms Hamilton." My homeroom teacher Ms Seville called my name from the partially opened classroom door.

May and Bella gave me sad looks as I traveled towards the ajar door. My teacher held onto my shoulder as we proceeded to the principals office. A police officer followed quietly behind giving me looks of remorse ever so often. I sat there crying beside my parents as a video of me stuffing my face played on his computer. That day I felt so down, I had swore to myself previously that I would never stress eat or eat due to sadness. I had just been officially rejected by the schools most popular jock and I couldn't take it.

If I knew I had been being videoed this wouldn't have happened my life wouldn't be over. Many of my so-called friends sat and watched giving dirty comments. I felt like crawling into a hole and dying.

Students travelling to classes whispered and giggled at me as I wafted my way through the pupils. I tripped over a foot falling on my face. I was helped up by Bella as half the school laughed at me. I wanted to die. A red haired girl clearly a few years older than me stared me down. "Just because you're rich now doesn't mean you fit in. If you get what I mean" she pointed her long manicured fingers to my stomach as her minions giggled till I ran outside the school.

*********

That summer I worked out like there was no tomorrow. I pushed myself to limits my little fifteen year old body couldn't handle. I had an obsession. With working out. Keeping up my appearance. I needed to feel skinny enough, pretty enough. And when I got back to school I felt like a million bucks, I threw on my favorite jumpsuit that highlighted my newly found curves and a pair of my brand new white sneakers, people though I had the perfect life. Riches. Popularity. Beauty. The wanted to befriend me. I said yes, but only if they knew what was going on inside. Only Bella and Mason did. I thought I could trust him with my life.

I had never spent a day without pushing myself to the limit, I needed to. If only they knew what was going to happen to me. They wouldn't have praised me so soon.

I let out an overbearing breath and pulled my hair back. I zipped up my jacket and tied my shoelaces. I looked in the full length mirror once again, even with the jacket zipped up I could pin point tons of flaws.

I brushed off the creepy feeling and proceeded towards the front door. I locked the door behind me stuffing the card into my sports bra. As I walked passed David's hotel suite, I considered to leave a note, but dropped the thought. I jogged down the stairs to the lobby staring at the chandelier in awe. Paris went all out once again.

***********

I jogged through the boisterous market place dodging busy costumers. The market was very active today seeing as it was very early and it was Thursday. I gasped realizing David and I have known each other for almost a week. Something inside me was telling me to do something special but why would I do that? An angry villager bumped into me as I was too lost in thought. The stalked off screaming French swears my way.

Bewildered I turned around searching for somewhere to jog to next. It had to be obvious so I could make my way back to the hotel. I breathed in and out steadying my heart rate. I prayed people wouldn't turn and look at me, I felt flaw full when strangers observed me. I swiveled my neck back and forth looking for somewhere to run to.

Then I caught sight of him. He stood there by the wall of the alleyway. Staring. Just staring. Something deep down told me to get away from him as fast as possible. His dark hazel eyes were intriguing almost too intriguing. He analyzed my face and body completely ignoring the fact that I was staring straight at him.

I didn't know what to do I was frozen on the spot, and neither David nor his guards were here to protect me.I felt so... alone. I felt as if this mysterious man were to grab me, nobody would help. His raven button p that was tucked into dark grey pants strained as he fixed his posture.

He sent me a heart melting smirk before disappearing into the alleyway. His body faded and faded until it was not visible anymore. My heart was about to fall out of my chest. I swallowed up my fear. Maybe it was a coincidence. The unknown mysterious man who was in the same restaurant as me yesterday, was mouthing 'see you soon' to another mysterious woman who happened to be behind me, and was also the person he just finished inspecting.

I took a breath of annoyance who am I kidding. I was the only person in this bustling street who stood still, WHILE EVERYBODY WENT ON WITH THEIR NORMAL DAILY LIVES. Why can't I just have a basic teenage life. School. Music. Marry. Kids. Die. Simple.

I'd rather give up my dream than be in this sticky situation. My brain and heart still felt uneasy so I decided to return to the hotel. I looked around realizing there were five different exits from this part of the town.

Crap!