Chapter22: As They Seem

David reached out my waist pulling me onto his lap

David reached out my waist pulling me onto his lap. He glared Ivan's way warning him not to touch me again. The fire in his eyes almost convinced me of his confession, but we were in public, of course he was being possessive. Ivan held his hands up indicating surrender. I covered me mouth holding in a small giggle.

David sent me a light smile before loosening his grip and my waist. "Mr Man Whore over here is the Russian mafia leader". I craned my neck in Ivan's direction once again. He definitely didn't seem like a mafia leader. He was too relaxed. It wasn't until then that I realized they called David mafia king, and called the others leaders.

"She's younger than I thought she would be David... But minor or not she is fine as-" David pounced Ivans way securing his collar between his clenched fists. The rage in his eyes was visible to anybody who could see. His knuckles turned a ghastly white colour as his hold unfazed.

Ivan kept an evident smirk on his face and winked at me. Guards from both sides held guns ready or listened carefully for the next move. Without thinking I silently placed my hand on David's shoulder. His grip eased but still he refused to let go. He turned his head to me and his eyes softened.  "Look Ivan, I know it's hard keep it in you're pants but, believe it or not. I am not one bit interested. Like, at all. So please, try just for tonight to keep you're whoring ways at bay".

Ivan held eye contact with David and I in shock. After a few seconds I started to regret what I said. He suddenly burst out laughing and clutching on his crumpled shirt. "I'm sorry..... But I like 'em feisty so if you ever change your mind, you know how to contact me right?" I bit my lip holding back the snarky comments. He really did push me over the edge. 

As David and Ivan made small talk and dirty words I refused to repeat were said about me, a young man approached us. He had silky brown hair that was purposely gelled in front of his eyes. Golden blonde streaks shot down his dark locks.

His ears were adorned with piercings and emerald jewels. His pointed nose held a layer of moisture due to the heat of cigars in the room. His dark brown eyes held a light darkness and sparks of hope. He wore a pair of black slim slacks and paired it with a blazer. He wore an emerald ring matching the jewels in his ears.

He stared at me with a puzzled face but his eyes shot down to Davids arm on my waist holding me securely. His rolled his eyes before plopping down next to Ivan. "I'm fine, thank you for asking". Ivan sarcastically greeted the rude young man angrily before turning back to me. "Saryah this is Dominic-".  "Dom" he deadpanned his eyes were glued to his phone as Ivan tried to introduce me to his friend. It seemed like David already knew him.

"Dom this is Saryah. She is-".
"Another one of Italia's sluts for the night" my eyes widened in fear as Ivan whispered lowly to Dom in Russian.

I turned to David daring him to explain himself with my eyes. His eyebrows drew up in defence and he lifted his hand to my face and kissed my earlobe. "I'm changing for you baby". A scarlet blush coated my cheeks and he removed his lips from my hearing holes.

Maybe he really was changing for me.

But people aren't always as they seem, for example, Mason.

I fought with my thoughts while glaring at the dark haired man that sat beside Ivan. My stare lingered on him as many emotions swiped passed his face when Ivan scolded him.

"Who is he and why's he so mean?" I turned David's way holding a fake pout. Maybe this could make me find out more and about my mysterious husband. "Dominic Sokolov. Ivan's right hand". My brows contorted in confusion. He's so childish.

The night dragged on with Ivan's quirkiness and joked with hidden innuendos. Dominic continued to sulk after Ivan's scolding and David lazily smoked cigars holding me on his legs. 

After a couple hours I realised it was just Ivan and I in the conversation while Dom stared at me weirdly. I saw him up and down my body licking his lips. The dirty jokes Ivan had were to much to handle causing me to give up and almost beg David to go back to the hotel.

As we reached the hotel Helga sat at the living room Helga sat down staring at the television but you could see that she wasn't present. I placed a comforting hand David's biceps telling him I would handle it. He nodded hiss head and proceeded back towards the room.

"What is this?" My eyes enlarged in panic as Helga held the brown notebook in her hands. It was stiff in the air while I kept my mouth shut unable to speak. "You wanted to get out right. Well you're not going to, he loves you. And, you don't even care do you? After everything, I trusted you". A pool of water set on my eyes as Helga's angered figure standing up became blurry.

"I'm sorry. Okay, I'm sorry I really wanted to get home then, but now, I really like him. I'm serious. He makes me feel these foreign feelings and they've been there all along but stupidly enough I tried to ignore them and create a plan to leave, but I don't even know if I want to anymore". I huffed slumping on the couch leaving Helga standing there in shock.

I wouldn't blame her. It was true. I liked David, it was a stage between developing strong feelings for and the l-word. But, I wasn't going to say I was in love with him when I knew I wasn't. I was getting there but not quite there yet.

Thinking Helga was going to comfort me I stayed with my head in my hands seated on the couch. "Damn kids. Why can't you just be fucking normal?". I flinched back at Helga's choice of language and watched her storm out of the house after placing the book on the kitchen counter.

I snatched it off throwing it in the bin. Maybe she was right, maybe he was in love with me. I mean, why would Helga lie. The bathroom door opened and steam came falling out. David stepped out drying his hair with a small towel while holding the bottom one in place.

Water dropped coursing it's was down his torso. I watched as the raced to the bottom before absorbing into his cotton towel. His moist hair clung to his forehead whole I stood there dumbfounded. A small smirk found its way to the bottom of his half dried face and he licked his lips slowly.

What are you doing to me.

"Nothing you don't want already" David approached me instantly placing his warm lips on mine. The mingled together with the taste of bourbon and cigars. Which I have learned today are his some.of his favourite things. I loved it, our lips in sync. It just felt so.......... right