Chapter 36: Diciotto Anni

My mind was racing to all sorts of conclusions as Nikolas dragged me through the house

My mind was racing to all sorts of conclusions as Nikolas dragged me through the house. He was screaming swears in French and turning to shout at me ever so often.

Tears were pouring down my cheeks. I was hurting for some odd reason, my heart was hurting. We approached a white door at the rear of the house. This was it, I was going to die. The dress was not doing much in helping my catch a grip and get onto my feet.

Nikolas opened the door and suddenly push me down. It was where he kept me for three days. I landed on the ground with a loud grunt. My chest was heaving up and down as I started to hear muffled screams.

Raising my head I couldn't believe my eyes. Relief waste over me, then rage and finally fear. I ran towards them pulling their bodies into an embrace. I pulled down the clothes at their mouth and they instantly began shouting out apologies.

"Were so sorry baby. We didn't think this would happen, we were getting money. Oh no". Tears poured out of my moms eyes and my heart broke into two. My father tried his best to comfort her with his hands behind his back. We all cuddled up together. Our tears pouring onto one another. He's hurting my family.

A horrid french accent sounded through the room. "Time to say goodbye to mummy and daddy". Nikolas' arms wrapped around my waist and he latched on to pull me back. His fingers found the spaces and the other end of my dress, and his nails dug into the sensitive flesh. "We love you Saryah".

"Never forget princess".

My eyes widened as my father took a pipe between his legs. His grip tightened as he struggled to catch the pipe in between his ankles. I squirmed and kicked but Nikolas had a deathly grip on my torso. I ducked my head as he threw the rusty metal forward. The object collided with his jaw rippling skin to his forehead.  Nikolas dropped me abruptly holding his head in pain. I dashed around the house searching for a tool to cut my parents free.

The sound of shouts and bangs in the basement caused me to widen my eyes in fear. His voice began to increase in volume. Reaching the floor of Nikolas' bedroom I remembered to only door with a golden knob.

I dashed for the door swinging it open without thinking. I regretted it straight away. Rubbing my eyes I decided not to believe what was right in front of me. But it was still there. Unmoving. All of it.

The rooms walls were adorned in my name. Different colours were all over the walls, even some doodles of my face, eyes and hair.

Saryah.

Saryah.

Saryah.