Kia

You and Alejo waved goodbye to Penny as you left her home the next morning. Once you were far enough, Alejo then sighed dreamily.

"Isn't she just wonderful? Letting us stay there for the night." Alejo told. You laughed.

"Aw, is someone developing a crush on her?" You teased as you poked his cheek. Alejo let out a sharp gasp and he swatted your hand away as a massive blush appeared over his cheeks.

"N-no! She was j-just nice is all!" You chuckled. You then looked ahead of you and spotted the gate leading towards the third layer lying in the distance.

"The farmers live in these parts, right?" You confirmed. Alejo nodded.

"Yeah, this area is really secure. So farmers won't have to worry too much about their crops being eaten." As he said this, a grim expression appeared on his face and he slumped forwards. "This will be a very long walk for us." You sighed in response and you matched his actions. You then nodded in determination.

"Well, it wouldn't be a test if there wasn't any hardships on the way there!" You exclaimed. Alejo let out a tired laugh.

"Yeah...!" You both then started walking towards the third wall, ready to begin your trek to the third layer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Situated in a room made up entirely of white, Dr Tenma let out a long sigh and he rested his hand on his forehead. He then heard the door open and turned back. A young robot boy wearing a pure white garment entered the room, his bright red boots clacking against the marble floor while his scarf followed behind him. Sitting around his neck was a black pendant. Tenma sat up from his desk and he eyed the young boy with a sense of eagerness.

"Astro, you're back. What were the results? Where there any intruders?" Astro came to a stop before him, and shook his head.

"No sir, there were none to be spotted." Tenma nodded in satisfaction.

"Good, now get back to your post. I will call you if needed." Astro merely nodded and walked out of the room. Tenma pursed his lips and he rubbed his temples. Just as he was about to return to his work, the doors slid open once more. Tenma looked behind him confusedly and to his disappointment, the head of the engineering department had appeared. Tenma desperately wanted to roll his eyes, but he refrained from doing so.

"What is it, Dr O'shay?" Tenma grumbled and he returned to his desk. A bead of sweat had formed on the poor man's head and he let out a light laugh.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I was just wondering if you were going to the viewing for the exam at the academy." Dr Tenma grimaced at the mention of such hassles and shook his head.

"Now why would I want to waste my time with something so trivial? I'm a busy man, O'shay, I don't have time to go to these things." This put a frown on Dr O'shay's face.

"But Tenma, as the royal scientist, mustn't you be there?" He mentioned. Tenma began to scratch his head and he pinched the bridge of his nose in an attempt to keep his cool.

"Then get someone to go in my place. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have lots of work to do." Dr O'shay continued to eye him with disappointment before exiting the room, leaving Tenma to go back to his work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With tired breaths, you and Alejo collapsed onto the ground in a fit of exhaustion. The two of you had finally made it! You let out a tired breath and you allowed the wind to cool your sweat. Then you looked up. At the foot of the gate, the two guards stationed there gave each other weary looks. They then eyed you with concern.