Rivals

You held Kate's letter in your hands as you reread her last words. 'Your mother is alive.' You sighed. What did she mean by that? So basically your mother is alive, but there isn't any information on her whereabouts. You looked at the time and saw that it was almost time for you to leave. You put the letter away and stood up from your chair. You then made sure that your uniform was on straight and walked out of the room.

You were walking through the halls when you heard someone call out your name.

"Y-Y/N!" Tobio called out. You turned towards him and smiled.

"Hey Tobio." Tobio ran up to you and blushed as he started to fidget.

"H-hey, what are you up to?" Tobio questioned. You chuckled.

"Actually, I was just on my way to the others so that we can head out to the outcast lands." You told. Tobio frowned.

"O-oh, I didn't hold you up, d-did I?" Tobio questioned. You shook your head.

"No, of course not! But I really should get going, I'll talk to you when I get back. See ya!" You waved as you ran off to meet the others. Tobio waved back as he blushed. He then sighed. He would have to work hard if he were to ever meet your expectations! Astro had watched the encounter and frowned. He then walked up to Tobio and smiled at him.

"Hey Tobio." Astro greeted. Tobio jumped and turned towards Astro.

"A-Astro! You scared me." Tobio told as he rested his hand on his chest. Astro chuckled.

"So, I see that you and Y/N have grown close." Astro told. Tobio nodded.

"Yeah! A-actually, I-I think that I may l-like..." Tobio then blushed and shook his head. Astro raised his eyebrow at Tobio, already getting a bad feeling.

"You what?" Tobio smiled at Astro and took a step back.

"N-nothing! Well I gotta get back to my studies! See ya!" Toby cried as he ran away from Astro. Astro frowned as he watched Tobio run away.

You were chatting to the others and getting ready to leave when Astro appeared in front of you. You cried out in surprise as you took a step back in shock. You then sighed.

"Astro! Don't scare me like that." You told. Astro laughed while scratching the back of his head.

"Sorry. I came here to see you off." Astro told. You smiled.

"Aww, thanks Astro. You're always seeing us off." You told. Astro blushed and smiled.

"Well, of course I'd see you all off!" Astro exclaimed. Everyone smiled at Astro.

"Well, we should get going. We'll see you when we get back." You told as you waved to Astro. Astro nodded and waved to you all as you teleported everyone to the outcast lands. Astro then sighed. Well, he'd better get to his duties before he gets called a slacker. Astro turned around and made his way towards the guard room.

You and your group appeared on a platform in the forest and stepped off the platform. Ajeero and Reno had decided to make a platform for when you, Sabrina, Kennedy and some other soldiers came to the outcast lands. You then turned towards your squad.

"Okay men, we'll split off into three teams! Sabrina, Kennedy and myself will be the team leaders. Sabrina, you will lead your squad to the village ruins that are up the road from the forest to drive out the bandits. Kennedy, you will lead your squad to the wall. I heard that there was a group of rowdy humans there that need sorting out. I'll lead my squad to search the forest." You ordered. Sabrina and Kennedy nodded. You nodded. "Good, now move out!" Everyone nodded and moved out to their respective positions. You then turned towards your squad. "Men, disperse. I want this forest searched for any kinds of dangers. Do not engage in combat unless it's absolutely necessary, am I understood?" You questioned. The soldiers nodded and spread out. You turned around and walked into another direction of the forest. As you were walking through the forest, you saw an entrance to one of the ruins that were around here and smiled as memories of the times Kate yelled at you for entering the ruins. You then decided to walk towards the ruins and explore them a little. You walked inside and looked around. Vines covered the walls as well as moss. A few pillars were knocked over as light shone through the hole in the roof. You walked forwards and towards the light. You had always felt in peace here. You then looked around. Everything hadn't really changed all that much. You then sighed and sat down on a broken pillar. Everything was so nice and calm here. You then looked down at your pendant. It was glowing very faintly. You raised your eyebrow at the pendant.Why was it glowing? You stood up and saw that it began to glow a little more. You frowned and looked around. Was there something here that was reacting to the pendant? You walked around and played a game of hot and cold with your pendant until you stopped in front of a wall. You then looked up at the wall in confusion. Why did the pendant react strongly to this wall? You rested your hand on the cold mossy stone of the wall and felt around. Your eyes then widened when your hand pushed down on something. You froze. You didn't dare push down on whatever this lever was. You stood back as a guard entered the ruins.