Your Dark Past

Hushed voices surrounded you while you slept, and you couldn't make out what they were saying. In fact, you wanted them to stay quiet altogether. A groan left your lips and you swatted whoever was closest to you.

"Be quiet..." you moaned. A gasp sounded to your right and a familiar pair of hands captured yours.

"Y/n?" You squinted your eyes shut, before steadily opening them. The moment the light infiltrated your vision, you threw your arm over your eyes, shielding them from the harsh light. The pounding headache you had felt before returned, and you rolled onto your side. "Are you okay?" You forced your eyes open and your vision blurred. You then looked up at who was next to you. Tobio? No, as your vision cleared, you saw that it was Astro.

"Astro..." you uttered. Astro smiled warmly at you and he nodded his head while he held your hand in his.

"Yeah, that's right. How are you feeling?" You turned on your back and you stared up at the roof in a daze.

"I feel...dizzy." You mumbled.

"That's to be expected. You completely passed out earlier." Astro's voice spoke up, but a little further away. As you looked further down from Astro, you saw Tobio sitting on another stool with an equal amount of worry on his face just like Astro. The haunting image of his sinister smile then played in your mind, and you shot up with a start. The blood then rushed to your head, almost making you pass out.

Astro sucked in a sharp breath as you collapsed against him and he used his arm to support you by the waist.

"You have to be careful." He warned and he rubbed his hand along your back. You clenched your eyes shut while nodding your head.

"S-Sorry, it's just that..." you opened your eyes and you gazed at Tobio searchingly. His face was full of concern, and you found it hard to believe he would have smiled at you like that. 'Maybe it was my imagination? Yeah, it must have been.' Tobio looked down at the books on his lap with a heavy frown on his face and he began to trace his finger along its leather surface.

"I recognise these symptoms. I started showing these signs right after I began using the pendant's powers." Tobio whispered, making your eyes widen as well as Astro's.

"What? Does that mean she'll eventually fall into a coma, just like you?" Astro confirmed, his concern for you increasing tenfold. Tobio bit his lip as you looked around the room. This room looked a lot like Tobio's hospital room, except the door with the teleporting pad wasn't here.

"I'm not sure, hopefully it doesn't come to that. Y/n has been using her powers for a while now, so it's probably not as severe as my case." He mentioned, settling Astro somewhat.

"Do you think you can use the white diamond pendant to find out what's wrong with her?" Astro asked, making Tobio's eyes widen as well as yours.

"Astro, I really don't think that's a good idea. Look, I'm fine now! I just needed some rest." You admitted. To prove your point, you pounded your chest with confidence and you grinned at him. "See?" Astro gazed at you doubtfully. You averted your gaze from his and your focus turned towards the books sitting on Tobio's lap. "What's that you got there, Tobio?"

Tobio jumped in surprise at the sudden mention of his books, before an excited grin appeared on his face.

"These books are from my father's study. I'm sure you must have read them when you visited the library with Astro." He stated and he opened the first book's contents. Astro looked down at the pages and his eyes widened slightly.

"That's the book written about the war two hundred years ago." Tobio nodded his head and he flicked through its pages with a smile littering his face.