The entrance exam

You stood in front of the orphanage, your eyes wide. You had failed, you had failed the test. Kate and Rosy glared at you.

"You're just a disappointment. It's no wonder your parents didn't want you." Kate growled.

"You're nothing but a disgrace." Rosy spat. They then pointed their fingers towards the forests while you covered underneath their heated gazes of hatred.

"Go live with the outcasts!" They both shouted. Tears pricked the corners of your eyes and you shuffled back.

"N-no, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'll make it up to you! Please, just let me be with you!" You cried.

Your eyes snapped open as you gasped for air and sat up. Your eyes were wide with fright and your chest heaved with panic. Once your eyes had settled to the room, you regained your bearings. You let out a long breath of relief and slumped forwards, it was all just a dream. Still shaken from your nightmare, you laid back on the bed and stared up at the roof. Were you that nervous?

A knock at the door interrupted you from your thoughts, and you looked up to see Alejo open the door. He poked his head into the room and he smiled at you.

"Morning Y/n! Did you just wake up?" Alejo asked, although it should have been obvious. Once he had a good look at your face, a look of concern appeared on his face, making him frown. "What's the matter? You look pale, and have you been crying?" You blinked in surprise and you immediately felt your face to feel something wet. You bit your lip. You then used your sleeve to wipe the tears away and gave Alejo a confident grin.

"I'm okay, just nervous about the exam." You admitted. Alejo nodded almost knowingly. He then smiled.

"Don't be, I'm sure you'll pass! Well, come on! We need to get ready so that we can leave for the entrance exams!" Alejo exclaimed. You smiled and nodded. You could tell that he was excited. You then got out of bed.

"I can't get ready if you're in here." You told as you chuckled. Alejo's eyes widened. He then apologised and left the room. You smiled at him and changed into your usual outfit. You then did your hair up in front of the mirror and nodded in satisfaction at your appearance. Perfect. You were ready for the exam. You then left the room with your stuff and travelled to the main living area.

As you stepped into the living room, you saw Alejo eating breakfast and you joined him. Cereal and milk, simple yet efficient! While eating, you noticed that Kia was not present.

"Kia not awake yet?" You spoke with a full mouth. Alejo looked over at you with his own full mouth and he swallowed before answering.

"I dunno. I'm glad the robot maid was awake though!" He exclaimed and took another spoonful of his cereal. Once you were both finished eating, you both got up and walked to the front door. Out of nowhere, Kia appeared in the room and greeted you with a smile.

"Are you both ready?" She spoke, surprising you greatly. You and Alejo both turned towards Kia with muffled sounds of surprise. You then smiled and responded to her with a curt nod. Kia looked pleased by this response. "Good, I know that you'll do well. Y/n, no matter what happens, you'll get in. Trust me." Your eyes widened as Kia winked at you. Alejo broke out into a cold sweat and he pointed to himself.

"What about me?" Kia laughed.

"Do I even need to question it?" Alejo smiled, now more confident than ever. You and Alejo then waved to Kia and left the building. She waved to you, silently wishing you both luck.

As you stepped out onto the streets, you felt more pumped than ever for the exams. You lifted an arm and you gripped at your muscle with a confident grin on your face.