A return to the past

Astro opened his eyes to see that he was in the village ruins situated in the outcast lands.

"Captain, captain!" Astro jumped and turned towards one of the white diamond knights. The knight gave him a worried look. "Um, did you catch what I said?" The knight questioned. Astro's eyes widened. Had he really returned to the past? Astro then grinned and lifted the knight up and spun him around.

"I can't believe it, I actually made it back to the past!" Astro exclaimed. The knight's eyes widened as he gave Astro a confused look.

"C-captain!?" Astro stopped and realised what he was doing. He then coughed and put the knight down.

"S-sorry about that." Astro's eyes then widened. This was the day that you died! He had to hurry! Astro then looked at the knight.

"Be right back, there's a guardian to save." Astro told as he teleported to where you were. The knight gave Astro a confused look. He then shrugged and went back to his duties.

You were kneeled on the ground as Dark had his sword raised above your head. You shut your eyes, waiting for the blow to come. Just as Dark swung his sword down, a white light appeared and Astro blocked Dark's sword with his own.

"Not this time." Astro told as he kicked Dark away from the two of you. Your eyes widened as you stared at Astro in shock.

"A-Astro!?" You exclaimed. Astro turned around and cupped your face in his hands.

"Y/N!" Astro cried. He then stared at you for a bit. You started to get uncomfortable at his staring.

"Uh, Astro?" You questioned. Suddenly, tears rolled down Astro's cheeks, alarming you. He then hugged you tightly.

"I'm so glad! I'm so glad that I made it..." Astro cried. Your eyes widened. You then raised your eyebrow at him. How did he know? Kennedy stared at Astro in shock. He was about to teleport to tell Astro when Astro had appeared. Astro buried his face in the crook of your neck as he sobbed. You smiled at him and hugged him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" You questioned. Astro leaned back and looked at your face.

"What's wrong? What's wrong!? What's wrong is that the love of my life almost gets killed by some other version of me from twenty freaking years ago!" Astro cried. Your eyes widened.

"Wait, what?" You questioned. Astro had spoken so fast that you didn't quite catch all of what he said. Dark growled and got up.

"Who the hell are you?" Dark questioned. Astro growled as he turned towards Dark. He then stood up.

"Stay here, Y/N. I'll handle this guy." Astro told. He then pointed to himself. "I'm your replacement. I'm the new Astro, but better." Dark raised his eyebrow at Astro. He then chuckled and burst out laughing.

"YOU!? The new Astro? That's hilarious! So, Tenma really went ahead and made a new me. Well, I guess this means that you and I are related, aint that right, little brother." Astro growled.

"I'm NOT your little brother! You and I are in no way a like!" Astro shouted. Dark shrugged and pointed Sabrina's sword at Astro.

"Well, whatever. It's not like it'll matter for much longer. I'll just get rid of you and take both pendants back. I'll then find Tobio and we'll continue on with our plan." Dark told. You frowned and shakily got up. You then winced and held your arm. Crap, it was broken. You then looked at Dark.

"Dark, please listen to me. Tobio isn't what he used to be. He's turned good now!" You cried. Dark raised his eyebrow at you. He then chuckled.

"Um, are you sure that we're thinking of the same Tobio here? Cause I'm not quite sure. The Tobio I know would never back down from the plan. He will keep on trying and trying until he makes you his queen and uses the pendants' power to create the ultimate Alpha timeline." Dark told. You frowned.