The black onyx pendant

You groaned in pain and you forced your eyes open. Once you had your bearings, your eyes snapped open and you shot upright in your bed. Seated by your side, Alejo jumped in surprise and he turned towards you with wide eyes.

"Y/n, you're awake!" He exclaimed and he dove for you. You stared ahead of you with a perplexed gaze whilst Alejo hugged you tightly.

"What...happened?" You uttered. Alejo pulled himself away from you and he grasped you by the shoulders with a tight grip.

"I should be the one asking you that!" You turned your head up to him and you swallowed hard.

"T-The exam, what happened with the exam?" Alejo held his breath, and he furrowed his brows together.

"Um," by his hesitation, you could already guess what had happened. Your eyes welled up with tears and you dug your nails into your palms. You dropped your head and you stared into your lap with a frustrated smile.

"Did you pass at least?" You whispered in a barely audible voice. Alejo had almost missed your question you were that quiet. He felt incredibly sorry for you, and he wanted to hide the truth. 'But if I did that, she'd definitely get mad.' Alejo thought to himself. He then let in a deep breath, and he smiled sadly at you.

"I passed with flying colours." You nodded your head and you felt yourself calm down.

"That's good." Alejo bit his lip, and he reached for you. He then gasped and he grabbed you by the shoulder once more.

"A-Actually, there's another problem." You looked up at him with a visible look of confusion clearly written across your face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Alejo rushed into the living room where you saw Astro sitting on the couch with Kia, happily conversing with each other while drinking tea. Astro laughed at Kia's words. He then spotted you and Alejo standing by the hallway out of the corner of his eye, and his face lit up with a smile.

"So you're finally awake." He spoke. Your mouth hung open agape, and now it was Alejo's turn to be asking you questions.

"What did you do!? Why is the captain of the white diamond knights here!? Do you know how scared I was when he showed up out of nowhere!?" Alejo cried out and he shook you back and forth. You had blocked out his words and you could only stare fixatedly at Astro. Here he was, such an important person, sitting in Kia's home. And it looked like he had been waiting for you.

Astro stood up from the couch, leaving his untouched cup of tea the way it was, before walking over to you.

"Your name is Y/n, right?" He asked and offered a hand to you. Your arms were glued to your sides as you continued to stare at him with a wavering gaze of admiration. You were knocked out of your thoughts by a sharp jab to the side, and you looked over to Alejo who gave you a scolding look, silently urging you to respond.

"Um, yes! I'm Y/n.... A-And you're..." you trailed off, unsure of whether to speak his name or not. Astro closed his mouth in an attempt to muffle his laughter, and he gave you a kind smile. He then reached forwards and he grasped your hands in his. You began to freak out internally as he held them with a tight grip.

"My name is Astro, and I'm the stand in captain of the white diamond knights. I've come here for a very special reason. I'm glad to see that you're alright." You dumbfoundedly nodded your head and you stood nervously before his presence. You then watched him carefully as he reached down and grabbed the pendant from his neck.