The training starts

Just as planned, after your classes you sat in the principal's office with him and Daddy Walrus. You stared down at your feet with with a burning gaze. Two guards from the white diamond knights were stationed outside of the room. It was their job to keep everything said in this room confidential. Principal Red sat at his desk and he faced you with his hands folded neatly together before him.

"Y/n, although you are currently taking the knight's course, your time schedule will be a little different compared to others. You will take some time out of class each week so that you can hone your magical abilities." Your head shot up and your eyes widened.

"What? But what about-" Daddy Walrus smiled.

"No need to worry! The bits of class that you'll miss won't be too great. We'll change it around." You frowned, yet nodded anyway.

"So, who will be my teacher for my training?" You questioned. You then heard the doors open and you turned to see Astro walk in, immediately putting a smile on your face.

"Astro! I thought you couldn't come?" You exclaimed as you raced out of your seat and you joined hands with your friend. Astro gave your hands a tight squeeze before presenting you a smile of his own. Daddy Walrus almost choked while Principal Red remained unfazed. The pair were clearly not used to Astro smiling this much.

"I know I said I wouldn't be here, but I honestly didn't expect them to call me in this soon." He admitted. Your eyes widened.

"Wait, are you going to be my teacher?" You asked excitedly. Astro happily nodded and he patted his chest down.

"Of course! I mean, I've been with the black onyx pendant longer than anyone else. So, I know the ropes of how the magic is used." A broad smile stretched across your face and you threw your fist into the air.

"Yay! Then mastering this magic should be a piece of cake!" You exclaimed. You were so glad that Astro was your teacher, he wouldn't be hard on you! Astro smiled at you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You let out rugged breathes as you finished running thirty laps, THIRTY! You then collapsed onto your knees and you were a breathing mess on the floor of the arena. Astro stood over you, a serious look on his face as he held a timer in his hand. He then frowned.

"You need to increase your speed and stamina. Come on, we'll get started on the next exercise." Your eyes widened. You then tiredly looked up at Astro.

"Uh, hey...*pant* ...can't I take a...*pant* *pant* break?" You wheezed out. Astro shook his head.

"No, we don't have time to waste. You will do a set of fifty sit ups, seventy five star jumps, fifty push ups and twenty pull ups." Your eyes widened into saucers and you shot onto your hands and knees, gaping at the boy standing before you.

"WHAT!? But that's way more than what I can handle!" You cried. Astro gave you a sour look. He then sighed and grabbed your arm. You shivered at the feel of his finger tips prodding your muscle mass, and you had to resist the urge to pull away from him.

"You see this? You need to gain more muscle. By doing these things regularly you will have more stamina and more strength." You let him hold your arm and you leaned back with a slightly lax attitude.

"Did Tobio have to go through this?" You questioned. Astro nodded his head and he dropped your arm.

"Yes, he did. In fact, I'm going easy on you. Tobio had to do double what you're doing." You almost choked on his words. You then fell onto your back and you let out a long groan. You already hated this! Astro reached down and he pulled you to your feet. "Come on, we need to continue. You can start with the star jumps."