The first job

You sat in Kate's old office with the others as you all looked over a map.

"So, they haven't been back since?" You questioned. Rosy shook her head.

"No, but we do still see them from time to time. They haven't bothered us, but they do occasionally ride past the orphanage on horses." Rosy told. You frowned.

"So, they're still on the loose. What are they usually doing?" You questioned. Rosy sighed.

"I'm not too sure." Astro looked at you.

"Hey, maybe we should stake out here and wait for the bandits to come." Astro suggested. You nodded.

"Yeah, that seems like the best solution." Ajeero glanced at Astro.

"Hey, Astro, won't you have to go back to the castle?" Ajeero questioned. Astro smiled.

"I'm sure that the guards can handle themselves without my presence for a few days." You smiled slightly at this. Kennedy hummed in thought.

"Hey, instead of waiting for them, why don't we just use bait?" Kennedy suggested. Your eyes widened.

"Bait?" Kennedy nodded.

"Yeah! You can go into the forest and act like a helpless little girl and draw the bandits out! When the bandits come out for you, Astro will swoop in and save the day!" Kennedy exclaimed. Reno nodded.

"Yeah, then in the end the two of you will live happily ever after and get married." You blushed at Reno's statement and threw a pencil at his head.

"No, and no! I'm not being used as bait!" You shouted. Astro pouted.

"Aw, I kind of liked that plan." Astro muttered. You raised your eyebrow at him. Rosy then took a step forwards.

"I agree with the plan." Astro's eyes widened.

"That Y/N and I should get married?" Astro questioned. Rosy shook her head.

"No, with the bait. I'll be the bait, they'd more likely go after a full grown woman rather than a little girl." Astro raised his eyebrow at Rosy. His eyes then widened in realisation.

"Oh! It's because you're....yeah." You frowned.

"Hey, I'm not a little girl! I'm fourteen!" You told. Abercrombie rolled his eyes.

"No offence, but you are kinda short." You frowned at Abercrombie. Rosy looked at you and smiled.

"Y/N, I don't want to put you in any danger. I want to protect you." Your eyes widened. Rosy then hugged you. You smiled and hugged her back.

"Rosy, I'm now a knight. It's my job to protect the outcast lands from people like those bandits." Rosy nodded.

"I know, but please let me do this for you, sweetie." You sniffled and nodded. Sabrina watched and sighed.

"They look just like mother and daughter, don't they?" Sabrina whispered. Astro nodded.

"Yeah, that's why we have to work hard to play our part!" Astro exclaimed. Everyone nodded.

Later that night, you sat in your old room and sighed. You then thought back to the times that Kate would yell at you for running away. You then smiled as a tear rolled down your cheek. You already missed her. You then heard a knock on your door and you wiped your tears away as Rosy walked in. Rosy smiled and sat on your bed.

"It's been three years since you left home, it's amazing how fast time flies." Rosy told. You nodded.

"Yeah, it is." Rosy then rested her hand over yours.