A rising problem

You clenched your fists as you stood in the middle of the outcast lands. Kennedy, Sabrina and the other black onyx knights stood behind you, ready to defend the village. You then saw a horde of monsters heading towards the village and saw Dark behind them using his sword to make the earth shake. You turned towards Sabrina and Kennedy and nodded your head.

"Sabrina, Kennedy, get ready." You told. Sabrina and Kennedy took out their weapons and nodded. You then gestured to the monsters. "Now! Sabrina, create the runes to trap the monsters. Kennedy, go into the village and create a barrier! Black onyx knights, follow Kennedy!" You ordered. Everyone nodded and ran towards the village as Sabrina ran forwards and dragged her sword on the ground, creating runes. Dark gritted his teeth as he struggled to control the horde of monsters. With the help of Ajeero and Reno's new invention, Sabrina used her boots to boost her speed and ran around Dark and the horde of monsters.

"Dark, move out of the way!" Sabrina shouted. Dark nodded and jumped back just as Sabrina completed the runes. You held out your hand and closed your eyes. Black markings then appeared on your skin as a scythe formed in your hands. You then opened your eyes to reveal red orbs. You swung your scythe around and magic circles appeared in the skies around the monsters. Dark and Sabrina dashed towards you and stood behind you. You gripped your scythe as chains shot out of the magic circles and pierced the monsters. You gritted your teeth as you struggled to summon multiple chains. Dark frowned. "Y/N, there's just too many! We have to fall back." Sabrina told. You shook your head.

"I will NOT abandon what we've worked so hard to protect! We will get rid of these monsters even if it means the cost of our lives!" You shouted. Your eyes then glowed red as the black markings on your body grew and even more chains appeared. The chains pierced more of the monsters. Dark sighed and snapped his fingers. Suddenly, the magic circle below the monsters glowed and a pillar of dark magic power erupted under the monsters. The monsters cried out as they were all killed. Once the magic pillar disappeared, you saw that all of the monsters were dead and sighed in relief. You then fell to your knees as your eyes flashed red for a moment before returning back to their natural E/C. Sabrina rested her hand on your shoulder as she gave you a worried look.

"Are you okay?" Sabrina questioned. You smiled tiredly at her and nodded.

"Y-yeah, just used a bit too much magic is all." Dark frowned at you. He then looked over at the carcasses of the dead monsters.

"There've been a lot of monsters lately. Luckily for us, they've only been coming here at night." You frowned and nodded.

"Yeah, but if they start coming here at night time, then we'd be in a lot of trouble." You told.

"Guys!" Kennedy called out as he ran towards you. You stood up and turned towards you.

"How's the village?" You questioned. Kennedy grinned and gave you a thumbs up.

"Everyone is safe! No monster got in." Kennedy informed. You smiled.

"That's good to hear." You then winced and held your head. You then fell backwards. Dark's eyes widened and he caught you.

"Woah, you sure you're alright?" Dark questioned. You nodded.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. I'm just really tired." You admitted. For some reason your body felt really heavy. Dark frowned at you and picked you up. He then lifted you onto his back and turned towards Sabrina and Kennedy.

"I'm gonna head back to the castle. Sabrina, you should create some runes around the village to keep those monsters out. Kennedy, you stay here with her and provide her protection. I don't know how many more monsters could be out there." Dark told. Sabrina and Kennedy nodded. Dark then glanced at you and saw that you had fallen asleep. Dark sighed and used his ring to teleport back to the castle.