The Guardian's Sparring Match

You clenched the ball tightly in your hand as Daddy Walrus held a device which measured the distance the ball was thrown at. You pulled your arm back. You then took a step forward and threw the ball. Everyone watched as it flew through the air. Daddy Walrus then looked at the device and nodded.

"221 metres." You smiled in delight and walked back towards the others. You then rested your hands on your hips as you smiled at Astro and gave him a high five.

"Your turn." Astro nodded and walked forwards. Everyone watched earnestly as Astro took the ball and readied his arm. He then took a step forwards and he threw the ball with all of his might. Everyone's eyes widened as the ball flew out of sight in a matter of seconds. Abercrombie scratched his head and whistled.

"Whew, that was quite a throw." He told. You nodded in agreement. A whistling sound then sounded behind you, prompting you to look back. Something then whizzed passed you and it connected with the back of Abercrombie's head. Abercrombie fell face forward onto the ground, making everyone's eyes widen and they cried out for him.

"Ooh, that's gotta hurt." Kennedy whispered. Everyone surrounded him while Astro went to pick up the ball. He then walked over to Abercrombie and looked down at him.

"Sorry about that." He apologised. Abercrombie only twitched in response. You eyed the ball in amazement and you took it from him.

"I can't believe this thing actually flew over the earth! You've got a crazy amount of strength, Astro." You praised, making Astro smile. Daddy Walrus eyed Abercrombie down with concern before he nodded to the two of you.

"You two, take him to the nurse." You and Astro both shared a look before nodding to him. Astro then reached down to Abercrombie and he threw him onto his shoulder before he began his trek back to the school building. You waved to everyone before jogging after him. Suppose Abercrombie wouldn't want to do any more joint classes with you anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You excitedly talked Astro's ear off as you spoke about his epic throw.

"That ball must've gone around the world if it managed to hit Abercrombie in the head!" You exclaimed. Astro nodded while carrying the unconscious boy.

"I shouldn't have used that much strength." He admitted almost shamefully. You giggled at him. Astro smiled. You both then arrived at the nurse's office and walked in. The nurse turned around and her eyes widened at the sight of Abercrombie.

"Oh my, what happened?" The nurse questioned as Astro set Abercrombie down on the bed.

"Astro gave him a concussion." You told while Astro nodded in agreement. The nurse sighed.

"Astro, you have to be more careful when around humans. You of all people should know this." Astro bowed his head apologetically.

"Yeah, I know. And I am careful with them!" Astro then gestured to Abercrombie. "I only used HALF of my strength when throwing that ball." You eyed him in disdain. He was such a liar.

"We should get going." You mentioned as you tugged him by the hand.

"Okay, bye Abercrombie. I hope you're feeling better." Astro said to the young boy as he laid unconscious on the bed. You dragged him out of the room while the nurse watched you go with a frown.

Outside of the nurse's office, you saw your friends come down the hallway. You instantly brightened and you waved to them.

"Hey guys!" You called out as you ran towards them. The others waved.

"Hey." Sabrina then spied the nurse's door behind you where Abercrombie slept.

"So, how's Abercrombie?" You smiled.