The capital

You sat in your room with the pendant resting in your hands. Three days had passed and Astro was due to come back at any minute. You had thought about his offer for three days. If you became the guardian, then you'd get into the school. But if you didn't, then you'd have to go back home in shame. You clutched the pendant tightly. 'I don't want this. I don't want to get into the school just because of some silly pendant!'

You stood up from your bed and you moved towards the living room with your head hung low. The moment you stepped foot into the living room, three very well placed knocks appeared by the door, making you jump in surprise. You held your breath and stepped back. 'He's already here?' Alejo had gone to the academy to finish his enrolment, so you were left alone with Kia.

You seated yourself on the couch as Kia opened the door. Unsurprisingly, Astro entered Kia's home and he greeted her with a smile. Over his shoulder, you could see that he had brought two guards with him. Luckily for you, he left them outside.

"You're early." Kia mentioned to Astro with a laugh. Astro gave her an apologetic smile and he rubbed the back of his neck. He then turned towards the couch you were seated on to see you staring intently at him. He lowered his hand and he breathed in. 'Am I making him nervous?' You thought to yourself as he came over to you. He left his sword beside the couch before taking a seat next to you.

You looked passed him and you eyed his sword curiously. The handle was made out of a silver metal, titanium was your best guess, and the scabbard was pure white. 'Is the blade white as well?' You wanted to have a look, but you had more important matters to attend to.

"So, have you made your decision?" Astro spoke. You carried your gaze away from the sword and to the person in question. You looked directly into his eyes and his smile. '...they don't match.' Your lips tugged into a frown and you eyed him with discomfort.

"Astro," you began, peaking his curiosity.

"Yes?"

"You kind of annoy me." Astro's eyes widened as well as Kia's. Even she hadn't seen this coming. Astro felt flustered, and he was unsure how to respond.

"U-Um, pardon me? Did I do something wrong?" He asked intently. You held your chin as you looked forwards, thinking over your words very carefully.

"I can't directly pinpoint it, but you ended the exam which caused me to fail in the first place. And you bothered me with such an important decision during my most weakest point in time. How do you intend to make up for that?" You asked him and turned towards him. Astro visibly flinched at your words and he held his breath. "Have you ever spoken to a human before?" Astro shot to his feet, ready to defend himself.

"O-Of course I have! I-"

"Have you really? Have you ever considered our feelings?" Astro was at a loss for words.

"T—That is..." a look of guilt had flashed across his face, and he cast his gaze to the side. You honestly felt bad for interrogating him like this, but you had to make sure he heard your words and understood your feelings. You closed your eyes and you felt the pendant against your chest.

"I'll become the guardian of the black onyx." Astro's eyes widened and he turned towards you in surprise. A large smile then broke out and he nodded excitedly to you.

"Really? That's great! Then we can leave so-"

"But on one condition!" You stood to your feet and you matched his height with yours. You pressed your nose against his, pushing him back lightly. Astro held his breath. "I want to retake the test. I don't want to get into the school just because of some silly pendant. I want to retake the test as well as everyone else who failed!" You yelled, making Astro's eyes widen. 'Silly pendant?' Astro looked over at Kia for help, but she merely sat in her seat with a funny smile on her face. He swallowed hard and he reconnected his gaze with yours.