Sitting under the setting sun

"Astro...?" Everyone fell silent as all of you stared at him in shock, Astro especially.

"You....know me?" Astro uttered, unsure how to respond. Tobio's eyes went wide for a moment. Before he could speak, his hands flew to his head and he clenched his eyes shut. Your eyes widened as he doubled over in pain and he began to cry out.

"Tobio!" Tenma cried out and he began to cradle his son.

"Ngh, it hurts so much....! Why does it hurt so much, father?" He whimpered. Tenma bit his lip and he began to rub his shoulder comfortingly. He then tore his gaze away from his son and he immediately barked orders at Astro.

"GO! Find a nurse, quickly!" Astro gasped and he hurriedly nodded his head. You watched him race out of the room in a hurried fluster, before you looked back at the boy in pain. Tears leaked from his eyes as he suffered an uncontrollable pain in his head.

"Oh Tobio..." you whispered. Tobio let out heavy breathes as he clung onto his father for dear life. As quickly as it had come, his pain subsided, and he released his tight grip. Tenma looked down at him worriedly as he sat upright.

"Tobio? Are you okay?" He asked. Tobio opened his eyes and he gave his father a heart warming smile.

"I'm alright. I think....I'm fine now." As he said this, he looked over at you, making you stiffen. He then held his hand out to you, prompting you to come forwards. "Come here." Your eyes widened slightly, and you nodded. You then shuffled towards him with your hands clutched to your chest. The moment you were within reach, Tobio made grabbing gestures. You furrowed your brows, and you carefully placed your hand in his.

Astro rushed back into the room with the nurse behind him and he came to an abrupt stop.

"Sir, I've brought the nurse-" Astro fell silent as he watched Tobio hold your hand as if it was his lifeline. You looked back at Astro with worried eyes while Tobio cried into your palm.

"Thank you... thank you so much...!" He whispered and he smiled warmly at you. You stared down at him with parted lips, before you gently tugged back your hand.

"Of course. You needed my help." You stated with a smile of your own. Tenma reached forwards and he gently rubbed Tobio's back. He closed his eyes as he took in this feeling. He then refocused his gaze on Astro, and something shifted within them. "Father, this is..." Tenma's eyes widened in realisation and he snapped his gaze towards Astro, who visibly flinched.

"O-Oh, this is... His name is Astro. I built him after you had fallen into your coma. He was modelled to look just like you." Tobio stared intently at his lookalike.

"You built him?" Somehow, he sounded doubtful. Tobio then reached up to Astro and he beckoned him forwards with a smile. "Can I talk to him?" Tenma looked at him worriedly before he reluctantly complied. He broke away from Tobio and he allowed Astro to approach him. Tenma gave him a warning look before he stood by you, watching their interaction carefully.

Astro fiddled with the hem of his shirt as he stood before Tobio with his gaze cast to the ground. Tobio looked up at Astro in awe, before he gave you and Tenma an innocent smile.

"Can I talk to him alone?" Everyone's eyes widened, and Astro looked back at the two of you nervously. You gave him a thumbs up with a confident grin plastered onto your face.

"B-But Tobio-" Tenma began to protest, but you pushed him towards the door.

"Oh relax! Let them have some alone time. It'll be good for them to get to know each other." You spoke. Tenma was about to make an unnecessary remark when you quickly silenced him by throwing him out the door. Tobio laughed at the two of you. The moment the door clicked shut, his smile disappeared.