The trial

The skies turned green with black thunder roaring across the land. The citizens of Metro City hid within their homes while cowering at the fearsome sight. From inside the dorms, Sabrina pressed her palm against the cool glass as she stared through the window, her brows knotted together with worry. Kennedy and Alejo hung out by your bedside while Abercrombie and Reno had disappeared somewhere. They then looked down at your sleeping face.

"Is this really the time to be taking naps?" Kennedy quietly muttered to himself. Alejo gave him a sharp jab to the side and he frowned at him.

"She's been through a lot. Let her rest." Kennedy rubbed his sore ribs as Sabrina tore herself away from the window. She then walked over to her bed and she collapsed into the comfy mattress while biting back the urge to cry.

"I wonder if my father is okay...." she mumbled into her pillow, making the two boys look up at her. Soon enough, they began to brood over the dangerous situation they were in. You slept rather well as all of your worries drifted away. Well, most of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A forest of flowers grew in the wilderness with a wall of lush green trees surrounding the floral area. You took a careful step through the healthy green grass and you breathed in the earthly pine scent. For a dream, these sensations felt all too real. You let out a long sigh and you seated yourself within the flower bed, making yourself comfortable.

'This place is beautiful, it almost reminds me of the outlands.' You inwardly admitted as you gazed in admiration at the pretty sight. A light hint of grey then caught your eye, making you look towards the area furthest from you. You squinted your eyes in an attempt to focus more on the object sitting in the far distance. Out of curiosity, you got to your feet and you began to approach the strange object.

As you neared the end of the flower bed, upon closer inspection, you saw that it was a grave. Moss encased every crevice of the stone and vines covered the name written on the grave stone, making it almost impossible to read. You cocked your head to the side in wonder and slowed to a stop.

"Who's grave is this...?" You asked yourself. This grave stone looked like it had been here for a very long time. With a deep breath, you reached forwards to rip away the vines so that you could read the name engraved here. Right before you could touch it, two hands shot out of the earth beneath you, making your eyes widen. You cried out in alarm as they grasped your wrists, their touch chilling your to the bone.

With a heavy yank, you were brought to your knees and you stared down at the gravestone with a frightened gaze. You struggled to resist but their grip was too strong.

"L-Let me go! I-I don't want to go down there, please!" You shouted as the deathly hands brought you closer and closer to the ground. The moment your fingertips even grazed the earth's surface, a strong current pulled your closer to the ground. Your breath hitched in your throat as your arms sunk into the dirt and the earth swallowed you whole.

You clenched your eyes shut as your body floated within the dark abyss. It felt so cold here, like nothing else you've felt before. 'Am I...dead? Is this what it's like to die?' You carefully opened your eyes. As expected, there was nothing. Only an empty void. Fear clutched at your heart, making it almost impossible to breathe.

"You're not dead, so relax." A calming voice whispered into your ear. Your eyes snapped open and you instantly recognised this voice. You whipped your head towards the voice and you gasped. Chains hung from her body as your incarnation from long ago stood before you. She cradled the black onyx pendant in her palm, her aura illuminating the area around her.

"It's you! But why are you..." you trailed off, unsure as of whether to ask or not. She muffled a chuckle as she smiled at you.

"You've done well using the pendant's power to get here. You haven't even taken Lapis's trial, and yet you are able to access the power to travel through the spacial lines." She held her chin as her corporeal body hung above you in the air. "Certainly most interesting." Your head followed her movements and your mouth hung open in awe.