Tobio's true nature

A burst of light drew a line between you and Tobio, and the light dispersed, revealing your scythe. The scythe's handle grinded into your hands as you pushed against Tobio, struggling to hold him back. You gritted your teeth together and you pushed all of your being into your defence. A sense of fear then built up inside of you and tears streamed down your cheeks as Tobio's sword drove you down to the ground.

"Please stop this! I don't want to fight you!" You cried. Tobio ignored your pleas and he took a step forwards, further gaining the advantage.

"I let you run around for too long. Now is my only chance, I absolutely cannot fail!" He yelled. Your eyes widened as your heart pounded with fear. 'I don't get it, why did he say he was there at the scene two hundred years ago? Did he time travel?' As you looked more closely at him, you grunted and you kneeled down. 'N-No, there's something more. But I can't focus on that right now, I have to-'

Tobio took a step back and he aimed his blade at your chest. Your eyes widened as you fell forwards and he thrusted his sword towards you. His blade barely missed you by the hair and you fell flat on your face as he stood over you with his arm stretched out. Your head was in a dizzying state as the fear and anxiety clouded your heart.

Tobio's foot clapped beside your head and you rolled onto your side just as he drove his sword into the ground. You jumped to your feet and you barely dodged his next attack. His sword nicked you by the arm, drawing a line of blood. Your heart pounded through your ears and you gripped your arm tightly as you doubled back.

'He's really going to kill me!' As you came to this realisation, your eyes widened and your chest heaved up and down. Tobio held his hand out and two blinding lights appeared on either side of you. You whipped your head in both directions and you gasped. The lights then exploded, throwing you back against the wall.

A scream tore through your throat as you were blinded with pain, and you fell to the floor in a crumpled heap. Tobio steadily approached you as you laid on your side with gritted teeth. You forced your head to look up at Tobio and you glared at him.

"You're the worst...!" You spat and you slowly pushed yourself into a sitting position. Tobio tapped his sword against his shoulder and he rested a cocky hand onto his hip.

"We wouldn't be in this situation if you joined me. I can't let the pendant be wasted on you." You raised your scythe and you fell back as Tobio threw his sword down on you. Your eyes were wide with fright and you couldn't fight against his strength. 'I'm going to die!'

"ASTRO!" You screamed, desperately hoping he would come to save you. Tobio's eyes widened for a moment.

"He's not coming. Nobody can hear you down here. You're all alone." You felt your heart stop. 'Is this how she felt? Dying all alone like this? Wait, but....' Your lips parted and you stared ahead of you with a frozen look of shock. 'How did I die?'

Tobio hooked his sword under your scythe and he tore it from your grasp, making you cry out. Your scythe skidded across the room and it disappeared as it hit the wall. A burst of chains then appeared around your feet, making Tobio jump back. He stared down at the chains with an agitated look and he held his sword up in a defensive position. Your brain had gone into overdrive as you backed away from him. You then tripped over one of your chains and you fell to the floor. You looked down desperately at your hands.

"Why can't I control them? Come on, focus!" You shouted to yourself. Tobio breathed out and he quickly regained his composure.

"You really had me there for a moment." He admitted as he stepped towards you. A dangerous glint then flashed through his gaze and he glared down at you. "This is goodbye, for good this time." Your head snapped up and you gasped as he brought his sword down on you.