Astro's 101 Training Course

You breathed in heavily as you leaned on your hands and knees while Astro stood in front of you. He then bent over towards you.

"Come on, Y/n. You're not done yet. You still have more to do." Astro told. You huffed and looked up at him.

"I can't do this, this is way too much...!" You rasped. Astro looked over towards the hoard of monsters approaching and he waddled back with his hands behind his back.

"Oh no, look. There are monsters coming over here." Astro called out in a mock voice. Your eye twitched. You then used your scythe as a supporting stick as you pushed yourself to your feet.

"I should slay you along with them." You grumbled under your breath. On today's agenda, you were supposed to defeat one hundred monsters. Each of them was of every rank. They all varied. A class being the easiest and S class being the strongest. As you dragged your gaze across the group of monsters, it irked you even more when you found out that Astro had over exaggerated.

Only four monsters stood in your way, all of them being P class. You let out a tired breath and you gripped your scythe tightly. Astro was seriously pushing you. With what energy you had left, you charged at the monsters. Two of them split off from either side of the group and they ran at you with howling growls. Two chains shot out of the ground and they wrapped themselves around their corporeal bodies, keeping them at bay.

You jumped back as the remaining two slashed at you. You then aimed your scythe at the monster on the right, drawing your blade along its neck. A sick feeling had settled into your stomach as the head seperate from the body. The hologram then buzzed and it faded out, much to your relief.

Failing to notice the other monster, its tail connected with your side, sending a sharp pain in your rib. You cried out as you skidded across the coliseum. Astro inwardly winced as you struggled back to your feet whilst clutching your side almost painfully.

"I don't want to do this anymore..." you whimpered. Astro simply shook his head, refusing to budge.

"I won't back down this time. You've got to complete your training, Y/n. Otherwise you won't be able to protect this world." You stuck out your lower lip into a small pout and you readied your scythe.

"Whatever..." you grumbled. With two tight squeezes, your chains beat the two monsters trapped within its hold. Just as you were about to take down the final monster, it appeared before you, making you cry out. The monster raised its razor sharp claw and it attacked you in one full swipe.

You jumped back and hit the wall as you barely dodged the attack. You then raised your scythe and swung it down on the monster's head, killing it. You sighed in relief when the monster buzzed and faded out. You then glanced up at Astro who had flown to the benches of the coliseum.

"W...well?" You breathed. Astro shook his head.

"There's still one more monster." Your eyes widened. How could that be!? You turned back towards the arena and you didn't see any monsters. You then looked up at Astro with a grimace.

"Are you messing with me?" Astro closed his eyes.

"You can't just rely on sight alone." Your face scrunched up in confusion. Suddenly, something heavy rammed itself into you, swatting you to the side. You cried out as you skidded across the arena. You coughed as you shakily got to your knees.

"W-What was THAT!?" You cried out and you looked up at Astro for answers. He simply turned his head to the side, playing oblivious. You growled at him before forcing yourself to your knees. As much as you didn't want to do this, you had to win. You re-summoned your scythe into your hands and you stood firmly on the ground. As you stared ahead of you, something large faded in and out of existence.