A day off

"You are to take the day off." Astro steadily blinked at Dr Tenma as he sat in his chair while tapping his pen away against his thumb.

"Excuse me?"

"You've earned yourself a break. You found the guardian and she's discovered how to use her powers thanks to your efforts. You have done well, Astro." Tenma spoke with an unusually large amount of praise. Astro was unsure how to respond. He then clamped his mouth shut and nodded his head. With that said, Tenma turned back towards his desk and he dismissed him with a wave of his hand. "You may leave now."

The doors shut behind Astro as he left the room while staring ahead of him in a daze. He then walked silently down the hallway, thinking to himself.

'I've never had a day off before. What am I even supposed to do on a day off?' Astro wondered to himself. 'Maybe I'll ask Dr O'shay.' With that thought in his mind, he turned on his heel and he marched towards his office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A light knocking sounded from the doorway, making Dr O'shay look up from his paperwork. The two doors then slid open and they revealed Astro as he entered the room. A happy smile appeared on his lips and he eyed the young robot in delight.

"Astro, what brings you here?" The doors shut behind him as he took a seat on the other chair beside Dr O'shay's desk.

"Dr Tenma has given me a day off, and I'm not too sure how I'm going to spend it. Is there something special I'm meant to do?" Astro asked him as he looked up at him with furrowed brows. Dr O'shay gave him a mild look of surprise before he tapped his chin thoughtfully.

"Well, usually people relax on their days off. Do you have anything you want to do?" Astro opened his mouth. He then looked down at the ground with pressed lips. Instinctively his hand went up to his chest to fiddle with the pendant, but he only felt cloth. His eyes widened and he looked down at his empty chest before reminding himself where the pendant was.

"Well, I can't really think of anything, but..." he trailed off. 'If I can train Y/n to use her powers especially well, then we can awaken Tobio.' This thought excited him, and it was then he had decided how he wanted to spend his day off. Astro jumped off the seat and he stood up with gusto. "I'm going to the academy. Thank you, professor." He said and bowed his head. Dr O'shay laughed and waved to him as he left the room. He then turned back to his paperwork.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astro practically blended in with the students in the knight's academy as he searched for your classroom. Some students were casually chatting in the hallways while others raced towards their next classes with mountains of books in their arms. 'So this is what the academy is like.' Astro began to wonder to himself as he paid more attention to the students here.

Ahead of him, a student with an unnaturally large amount of books wobbled in the halls. Everyone made an effort to get out of his way as he muttered apologies to them. Astro looked at the top half of his pile and his eyes widened as it tumbled to the floor. He then raced forwards and he caught the tumbling pile in his arms.

"Woah! Sorry about that. Are you okay-" Alejo came to a stop as he peaked around the pile of books and came face to face with Astro, making his eyes widen. "Oh, Astro! What are you doing here?" He asked him as Astro took hold of the top half of the pile, lightening his load.

"I have the day off so I thought I'd check things out over here. By the looks of it, you're studying pretty hard." He mentioned as he eyed the books with a smile. Alejo laughed as he walked side by side with Astro to his destination.

"Yeah, I have to. I'm the one who got the scholarship." Astro's eyes widened in surprise and gave him an impressed smile.

"That's really good! You'd better keep up the good work then." Alejo nodded his head. He then walked into his classroom and he set the heavy books down with a tired huff.