A Late Afternoon

A careful hand was placed onto your cheek, and your eyes slowly fluttered open. Astro stood above you with a caring smile on his face, while the rest of your friends stood around you, just as happy to see you.

"Everyone..." you trailed off, slowly gathering yourself. Your eyes then shot wide open and you gasped. "Tobio! The castle! He-" Astro carefully lifted you into a sitting position and he began rubbing soothing circles around your back.

"Shhh, take your time. It's okay, you're safe." He spoke while smiling at you. You stared at him with an open mouth. You then broke down into tears and everyone watched you with worried looks as you cried into his chest.

"I'm so sorry, I couldn't stop him...! I saw him do so many things, he..." you breathed in and you clutched into his clothes with a vice-like grip. "He killed me, Astro! That robot we saw in the book, he was the one who killed me two hundred years ago...!" Astro held his breath.

'The robot that looks like me, he killed Y/n...?' Instinctively, Astro's arms tightened around you. He brought his hand over your head and he began to rock you back and forth as he stared ahead of him with furrowed brows. From within the group of friends, Alejo opened his mouth. He then decided against it and he turned to his friends for help.

With a nod, Reno gathered the others by the door and he looked back at Astro.

"We're gonna try and contact the palace again. Hopefully it'll work this time." Astro gave him a thankful smile as the group left your dorm room, leaving you and Astro alone. You breathed in his scent and you began to calm yourself down. This was the Astro you knew. Not that fake who took your life.

Time completely passed you as you dried your tears. With the last year drop, you breathed out your worries, and you were ready to tell Astro what had happened. Astro rubbed his hand along your arm as he held you, making sure that you were comfortable.

"Are you okay?" He asked. You nodded your head.

"Yeah, I'm just a little overwhelmed." Astro nodded his head in understanding. He then turned his gaze towards the window. From here, he could see the ominous barrier surrounding the castle. You kept your head down as you stared down at the ground with regret.

"Y/n, what happened back at the castle?" Astro asked with a sense of urgency in his voice. At the thought of Tobio's terror, you felt like crying all over again. Just thinking about what he had done to you, it was scary yet sad. You then shook your head. 'No, this isn't the time to be afraid. Tobio has to be stopped.' You breathed in deeply.

"This world is in danger. Tobio has forsaken his duties as the guardian of the white diamond pendant." You said, making Astro's eyes widen in utter shock.

"What do you..."

Astro sat in front of you with his legs crossed over each other as you told him what had happened. By the end of your lengthy explanation, he was mortified.

"How could this have happened....?" He uttered in complete disbelief. You shook your head in your hands. You then slapped your hands onto your lap and you straightened.

"The white diamond guardian has taken over Tobio Tenma's mind. We have to save him somehow!" You cried. Astro nodded his head in agreement.

"You're right. I'm sure we'll rescue him." Astro smiled encouragingly at you as he said this. You felt better having him by your side, and you began to relax.

"The barrier around the castle, there has to be some way to take it down." You began as you fell deeply into thought. You then looked down at your hands you clenched them almost painfully. "If I wasn't so useless at my job, then maybe none of this would have happened." Astro fell short of his words as you curled up into a tight ball and pressed yourself against the wall with your head buried in between your knees. He then crawled over to you and he seated himself beside you, pressing his shoulder against yours.