The Very First

Astro carefully nodded along to your story as the two of you sat on his bed. He leaned his chin on his fists and he pursed his lips with a focused expression on his face as you spoke while making grand hand gestures.

"So let me get this straight. You've travelled to alternate realties and faced different versions of yourself, all the while trying to find the black onyx pendant to complete an ancient magical trial. And you come from a world where two kids are tasked with guarding ancient magical necklaces." He summarised with a raised eyebrow. You eagerly nodded your head, grateful that he caught on pretty quickly.

"I've only travelled to a few other words, but they're all so different. I'm so glad you understand what I'm talking about." You gleefully admitted. Astro closed his eyes and he hummed in thought.

"Yeah, I get what you're talking about. And I think I know how to help you." Your face lit up in delight and you bounced on his bed in excitement.

"Really!?" Astro nodded his head and he smiled at you. He then hopped off his bed and he offered his hand to you.

"Come on, I'll take you to where you need to go." You gladly took his hand, ready to go wherever he would take you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the two of you arrived at your destination, you stared up at a large white square building with furrowed brows. You then carefully read its name.

"Metro Mental Institution....? Wait," you whipped your head towards him in alarm as he averted his gaze. "THIS is your idea of helping me!? You think I'm crazy, don't you!" You snapped. Astro shrugged his shoulders, feigning innocence.

"Well, your story is a little out there. I mean come on, magic doesn't exist. Alternate realities maybe, but your story sounds a lot like a fantasy." He ridiculed you. You glared angrily at him, making him flinch.

"I'm not lying! I swear what I've been saying is the truth!" You yelled, causing many odd looks to go your way. Astro raised his hands in defence.

"If you're really telling the truth, then where's that pendant you're supposedly guarding? I don't exactly see it." He mentioned. You opened your mouth to retaliate, but thought better on it. He was right, you didn't have the pendant with you. "Also I find it hard they put a kid in charge of an ancient artefact. If it was us, then we would have stored it in a very secure place."

Your face turned red with anger and you were close to blowing a fuse. You clenched your fists and you narrowed your eyes into daggers at him. Without a word, you turned your back to him and you began to storm away from the situation. Astro's eyes widened and he jogged after you. "Hey, wait up!"

'I can't believe that guy. Whatever, I don't need his help.' You thought bitterly to yourself as you stormed into the crowds with Astro not far behind you. 'I need to leave this world ASAP.' You weaved in between pedestrians, working to get to the other side of the crowd. 'So far, those portals only opened up when I was with another version of myself. Could it be the same with this world?' You thought to yourself, carefully analysing the situation you were in.

You pushed through quite a lot of people, until you broke out of the crowd and found yourself at the edge of the city. You looked passed the glamorous buildings and your jaw dropped at the dump site sitting just outside of the city.

"What the..." you breathed just as Astro had finally caught up to you. He let out a tired breath as you stared ahead of you, utterly shocked. "You're calling me crazy, but your 'perfect city' is right outside a dump!" You screeched while throwing your hands at the dump. Astro looked at you sideways and he propped his hands onto his hips.