Birthdays (Part 1)

You sat in the meeting room with Astro while looking over your schedule. You then sighed when you didn't have any missions. You then glanced at Astro.

"Hey, do you have any missions?" You questioned. Some of the black onyx knights were stationed out in the outcast lands. Astro nodded.

"Yeah, but it's only something small. I just have to attend this meeting with the king." You frowned.

"That's funny, how come I don't have to?" You questioned. Astro shrugged.

"Well, it's probably because I'm the captain of the white diamond knights." You frowned even more.

"And I'm the captain of the black onyx knights, so I don't understand why I'm not invited to go to the meeting." Astro chuckled and rested his hand on your shoulder.

"I wouldn't worry about it, I mean the meetings can get pretty boring." You frowned.

"You're only saying that because you're used to it." You then sighed and stood up. "Well since I have nothing to do, I'm going for a walk." Astro stood up.

"Oh, I'll join you then!" You turned towards Astro.

"No, you should be getting ready for the meeting, captain." You told. You then walked out. Astro frowned and kicked the ground.

"But I don't want to go to some dumb meeting..." Astro muttered. You walked along the hallways, already bored out of your mind. You then saw Kennedy walking along the hallways and smiled.

"Kennedy!" You called out. Kennedy saw you and smiled.

"Hey Y/N. What's up?" You sighed.

"Nothing much, ugh I'm so bored! Are you doing anything?" You questioned. Kennedy chuckled nervously.

"Uh, actually I was just on my way to meet up with Sabrina so that we could head out to the outcast lands to go out on patrol." Your eyes widened.

"What? Aw, that's no fair! I wish I had a mission." You muttered. Kennedy gave you an apologetic look.

"Sorry, Y/N. I really need to get going, I'll see you when I get back. See ya." Kennedy then walked off. You sighed and decided to go and check out the lab. You walked inside the lab and saw that Ajeero and Reno were working on a new project. You smiled and waved to them.

"Hey guys, how's it goi-" Ajeero glanced up at you.

"Sorry Y/N, but we're really busy at the moment. Could you possibly come back at another time?" Ajeero questioned. You sighed and slumped. You then nodded and walked out of the room. Why was everyone so busy? As you were walking, you saw Abercrombie running through the hallways while moving a cart filled with materials. You waved to him.

"Hey Abercrombie!" Abercrombie rushed passed you.

"Sorry, can't talk at the moment. Very busy!" Abercrombie told as he ran. You sighed and decided to go and check out the library. You walked inside the library and looked around. You then saw Tobio studying and smiled. You walked up to him and waved.

"Hi Tobio." Tobio jumped at the sound of your voice and glanced up at you. He then smiled and waved.

"Oh, h-hey Y/N. You surprised me." You giggled and sat down next to Tobio. You then looked at his notebook.

"What are you doing?" You questioned. Tobio looked back down at his book.

"O-oh, I'm just studying for this really important exam that my father wants me to take. So..." You sighed, already knowing what Tobio was going to say. You then smiled at him and stood up.