A plan put into action

Astro returned to the castle after three days. When Astro walked into the guard's room, he saw that everybody was silent. They glanced at him and looked back down. Astro ignored them and walked back out. He then walked through the hallways towards his room. As Astro was walking, he was suddenly tackled to the ground. Astro's eyes widened in surprise as he was turned around to meet the eyes of none other than Tobio. Tobio grabbed him by the scarf and pulled him up.

"What happened?" Tobio growled out. Astro looked to the side, avoiding Tobio's gaze. Tobio frowned and looked down at Astro's neck. His eyes then widened when he saw the black onyx pendant. Tears then pricked at the corner of his eyes. "So, it's true? She's really gone?" Astro sighed and pushed Tobio off of him. He then stood up and continued his way towards his room. Tobio growled. "Don't ignore me! Where were you, why weren't you with her!?" Tobio cried. Astro continued to walk forwards. Tears rolled down Tobio's eyes. "Why didn't you save her...?" Astro's eyes widened. He then clenched his fists as he stopped and glanced at Tobio.

"Because I was too weak." Astro then walked away from Tobio. Tobio ran up to catch up with Astro.

"Because you were too weak? Astro, you're like the strongest person I know! How could you be too weak!?" Tobio cried. When Astro didn't say anything, Tobio sighed and looked to the side. "If only there were some way to get her back..." Astro shook his head.

"You can't revive the dead, we just have to face it. Y/N's gone..." Astro muttered. Tobio growled and grabbed Astro by his scarf.

"Don't you DARE give up!" Tobio shouted. "So, that's it? You're just going to forget about Y/N and wait for her next reincarnation? Is that your plan?" Tobio questioned. Astro's eyes widened.

"O-of course not! I'd never forget about Y/N!" Astro cried. Tobio glared at Astro.

"Then why are you giving up so easily? Huh?" Astro's eyes widened. He then frowned.

"There isn't anything that we can do! Y/N is gone, and we can't bring her back!" Astro cried. Tobio frowned. He then sighed and stood back.

"That can't be true. Can't the pendants do anything?" Tobio questioned. Astro's eyes widened. He then looked down at the two pendants that hung around his neck and a look of realisation crossed his face. He then grabbed Tobio by the shoulders.

"Tobio, you're a genious! I could kiss you right now!" Astro exclaimed. Tobio grimaced.

"Uh, please don't." Astro grinned and grabbed Tobio by the hand.

"Follow me!" Astro exclaimed as he ran off. Tobio cried out as he practically flew through the air. Before Tobio knew it, the two boys had arrived at the black onyx knight's lab where Ajeero and Reno were. Tobio raised his eyebrow at Astro.

"Uh, why are we here?" Tobio questioned. Astro looked at him.

"Because I have a plan which will involve you, me, and the pendants." Astro told. Tobio's eyes widened. He then walked inside after Astro. When the two of them entered, they saw Ajeero and Reno just sitting at a table while sighing. The two boys then saw Astro and their eyes widened.

"Astro? What are you doing here?" Ajeero questioned. Astro smiled at Ajeero.

"I've come here to ask the two of you a favour. The ring that you made for Y/N, it resonated with her powers, right?" Astro questioned. Ajeero and Reno glanced at each other and nodded.

"Uh, yeah. Why do you ask?" Reno questioned. Astro reached into his pocket and took out the ring which he had taken off you. Ajeero and Reno's eyes widened as well as Tobio's. Astro then took a step forwards.

"We already have the ring for the black onyx pendant, do you think you guys could make another one? Except this time it'll be for the white diamond pendant." Astro told. Reno and Ajeero glanced at each other again.

"Um, well it's possible. But why?" Ajeero questioned. Astro smiled as a look of determination crossed his face.

"I plan on bringing Y/N back using the power of the two pendants." Ajeero, Reno and Tobio gasped. Tobio then gave Astro a bewildered look.

"B-but how!? You can't wield both pendants by yourself, your body will be destroyed!" Tobio cried. Astro turned towards him.

"I know, that's where you come in." Tobio gave Astro a look of confusion. Astro took off the white diamond's pendant and held it out to Tobio. "Tobio, there's something that Y/N and I have been hiding from you. Have you ever wondered why I was chosen as the guardian of the white diamond pendant? A robot, becoming a guardian?" Astro questioned. Tobio nodded.

"A-actually, yeah. I did find that quite strange." Astro handed the pendant to Tobio. Tobio gave Astro a confused look. His eyes then widened when the pendant started to glow at his touch. "W-wha-"

"Tobio, YOU were originally the guardian of the white diamond pendant, not me. You had wanted to use the pendant's power for wrong doings and Y/N and I stopped you two years ago. Y/N replaced your memories and made you forget who you really were. I then became the white diamond guardian in your stead." Astro told. Tobio's eyes widened in shock. He then stared at the pendant in disbelief.

"I...tried to misuse the pendant's power...? I'm the white diamond guardian?" Astro nodded.

"Yes, now here's my plan. Tobio will once again become the guardian of the white diamonds pendant while I become the guardian of the black onyx pendant. Ajeero and Reno, you two will make the power ring for Tobio while Tobio and I do our two day trial." Astro told. Reno, Ajeero and Tobio nodded.

"Okay, that sounds good, but exactly what will happen once you both become the guardians and we make the ring?" Ajeero questioned. Astro smiled.

"Tobio and I will combine our powers so that one of us can travel back in time and save Y/N!" Astro told. The three boys gasped. Tobio stared at Astro in shock.

"W-wait, so we'll be going back in time?" Tobio questioned. Astro nodded.

"Yes, well one of us will. I think I should be the one because I'm positioned a lot closer to Y/N." Astro told. Tobio frowned and hummed in thought. He then sighed and nodded.

"Okay, I understand." Astro smiled. He then looked at Ajeero and Reno.

"Do you both agree to my plan?" Ajeero and Reno gave each other unsure looks. They both then nodded.

"Yeah, we agree. If it's to save Y/N, then we'll do anything to save her!" The two boys exclaimed. Astro smiled and nodded. Tobio took the pendant from Astro and put it around his neck. He then nodded to Astro.

"Okay, I'm ready to take the trial." Astro nodded and turned towards Ajeero and Reno.

"We'll be heading to the chamber where we fought Tobio. We'll return back here in two days time." Astro told. Ajeero and Reno nodded and waved goodbye to them. Astro glanced at Tobio and nodded to him. "Come on, let's get going." Tobio nodded and followed Astro out of the room.

Astro and Tobio stood in the middle of the round room while Tobio looked around in awe at the stained glass windows.

"I didn't know a room like this existed!" Tobio exclaimed. Astro nodded.

"Yeah, neither did I. Until two years ago, that is." Astro then walked towards the centre of the room and turned towards Tobio. "Tobio, when we do the trial, you'll see some...things...that aren't pleasant. Just remember, what you see is what happened in the past. Don't let your emotions get the better of you, understand?" Astro told. Tobio nodded. Astro smiled. Tobio then joined Astro at the centre of the room and sat down along with Astro. The two boys then held onto their pendants and closed their eyes. The trials then began.