A Day at The Palace

You threw yourself out of the car as you raced towards the palace gates. The guards let you through without a problem and they carefully listened to your sounds of excitement as you ran ahead. Astro calmly passed by them with his attendant by his side. Your name had definitely become a familiar one after you rescued Tobio from his slumber. Slowly but surely, your reputation was increasing.

"Y/n, wait up!" Astro called out to you, halting you in your tracks. You looked back at him and giggled.

"Sorry about that. I'm just so excited! It's too bad you'll be too busy to hang out with us." You mentioned as he stopped beside you. A look of realisation crossed his face and he slumped forwards in disappointment.

"Oh yeah..." With a curt nod towards the knight who had accompanied the two of you, Astro dismissed him with a few words. Two pairs of foot steps then echoed in the hallway and to your delight, you spotted Tenma and Tobio approaching you from the distance.

"Tobio!" You called out to him and waved as he calmly walked up to you. An excited smile appeared on his face and he raced up to you with his arms wide open.

"Y/n!" Astro stepped back in surprise as his look alike threw himself into your arms, embracing you tightly. Tenma gave you a weary smile while Astro held back the frown threatening to break out.

"I didn't realise you were bringing her with you." He mentioned. Astro scratched the back of his head and he propped his hand on his waist.

"Yeah, neither did I." He admitted. Tobio then grabbed you by the hands and he began to shake them while you spoke.

"How are you feeling after our training session?" You asked. Tenma then gasped behind you while Tobio breathed in through gritted teeth. Your eyes widened in realisation. "Oh."

"You had a TRAINING SESSION!? Tobio, I told you not to overexert yourself!" Tenma scolded. Tobio let out a long sigh and he rolled his head.

"But dad, it looked so fun! Besides I have to get myself back into the swing of things at some point." He argued with his father. You and Astro stood to the side awkwardly. Yeah you were going to sit this one out. Tenma eyed his son with a frown. He then cracked a smile before ruffling his hair.

"Just be careful." Tobio swatted his hand away and nodded.

"Yes, I will." He then turned towards you and he brightened. "I have a full day planned ahead for us. Come on, I'll start off with giving you a tour of the palace." You nodded your head and you waved to Astro before running off. Astro gave you a sad wave back before he was pulled to the side by Tenma. He looked up at him and inched back.

A heavy frown stained his face. This look was bad news. Astro waited for his usual shouting, but to his surprise, Tenma simply beckoned him along with his head.

"Come, I need to discuss something with you." A look of surprise flashed across his face before he carefully nodded his head. He and Tenma then disappeared down the hallway, most likely heading to his office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This here is the library, it's where I get most of my materials for studying." Tobio stated as he indicated to the door with his hand. You stared up at the all too familiar doors with a sour face, making him raise an eyebrow at you. "What's wrong? Do you not like libraries?" You shook your head and you gave him a forced smile.

"No, it's not that. It's just... I already know about the library. Astro and I came here while looking for information on how to save you." You admitted. Tobio dropped his hand and he opened his mouth in understanding.

"Oh, is that so." You stayed quiet. Why did he sound so disappointed? Tobio eased off your worries with a smile and he beckoned you to follow him. "Come on, I'll show you the armoury." Your eyes lit up with excitement.