The Banquet

The ends of the curtains softly brushed over the tip of your nose, coaxing you awake. Your body felt stiff and sore, and you honestly didn't want to wake up. 'But I have to. Argh, my back!' You felt like a feeble old woman as you rolled onto your side and you forced your eyes open.

A nurse stood at the other end of the room with her back turned to you as she folded a basket full of bedsheets. You pushed yourself into a sitting position and you gazed silently out the window. The sky was a brilliant blue and the castle staff bustled about. You breathed in and you sighed in content,

"I didn't realise how nice this felt..." you uttered, catching the nurse's attention. She looked back at you and smiled.

"Oh, you were awake! How are you feeling?" She asked as she trotted over to you. You rubbed your sore sides with a sour face.

"Broken. Something is definitely broken there." The nurse laughed at your joking attitude. You looked up at her and you couldn't help but smile. A more urgent question then came to mind and you leaned towards her in anticipation. "Tell me, i-is Tobio awake?" The nurse glanced back at the door and he hummed in thought.

"Why don't you go and visit him?" You fiddled with your hands nervously. You then nodded your head while holding your breath. Throwing the covers back, you hopped onto your feet and you raced towards the door. The nurse watched you with wide eyes as you threw it open before bolting down the hallway. "Does she even need to be hospitalised...?" She wondered out loud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astro sat patiently on a stool as Dr Tenma placed the restrictions on his body once again, and his eyes shifted back to their natural brown colour. Dr Tenma leaned back into his office chair and he let out a tired sigh, prompting Astro to raise his eyebrow, strongly questioning him.

"Is something the matter, sir?" Tenma simply shook his head and he leaned his cheek on his palm.

"No, it's nothing. I'm just tired." Astro carefully nodded his head. He then rested his hand over the pocket in his jacket where the white diamond pendant laid.

"Um, sir, about this pendant..." he trailed off. Dr Tenma sat upright and he focused his gaze on the pendant. He then simply waved him off, making his eyes widen.

"You keep it." Astro shot up in alarm and he cried out.

"But sir-!"

"I'm sure the pendant will be a lot safer with you. If you really need help deciding what to do with it, speak to my son. I'm sure he can help you out." He offered. He then smiled gently at him. Astro's body tensed up as he eyed Dr Tenma in astonishment. Tenma tiredly closed his eyes and he leaned further onto his desk. "His majesty wants to speak to you. You had better go to him." Astro's cheeks tinted red and he hurriedly nodded his head and he gave Tenma a quick salute. He then rushed out of the room in a fluster, leaving Tenma to his solitude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You followed everyone's directions as you guided yourself to Tobio's hospital room. Unlike the last time, it was in a completely different area so you were forced to find it yourself. 'Oh man, if only I could use that teleporting pad Dr Tenma uses. Oh wait!' You looked down at your pendant in realisation and you laughed. "How could I forget about you?"

As you went to use the pendant, you thought back to your current problem with it. 'That's right, I can't quite use it properly for some reason. Maybe I should hold off for now...' With this decision in mind, you let the pendant rest gently on your chest and you went back to the old fashioned rout.

After a full hour of wandering the hospital ward, you finally found yourself at the room where you needed to be. You let out a tired huff and you looked up at the room number on the door. You gulped nervously, and your hand shook before the doorknob. The real and true Tobio was sitting just behind that door.