three | 3

be·gin·nings

Céline.

Jamie and I made our way out of my home and towards his car. As we walked, I felt his hand placed on the lowest part of my back - a little too low - but I didn't say anything. I noticed his car was exactly what I expected, a very shiny silver Lamborghini. He couldn't have got it in black? Hush yourself, Céline; don't be like that. 'He's a nice guy.' I constantly repeated that in my mind.

I asked him which restaurant he was taking us, but he said it was going to be a surprise; and apparently the movie was first. Who goes to the movies, before dinner? Okay, breathe Céline. This will be okay. Average it out - two hours for the movie, an hour for dinner, and then the ride back home. Three hours until you're home free.

The ride to the theatres was practically silent, but there was some soft music playing in the background. A few minutes in, he slowly turned up the volume. It was classical opera. Lord, help me. I was a tad bothered that he didn't even try to small talk. What kind of date was this?

As we reached our first pin-point, he walked around the car, opening the door for me. Small things proved that this man was considered the perfect date for any dream girl, but that wasn't me. I don't know whether it is because I'm picky, or that I just don't want to be in a relationship. I mean, Josie didn't say I had to date him per say, but to give him a chance. That's exactly what I'm doing. I'd have to give him props for that though for doing that, since there aren't too many gentlemen left in this world. Let's just see if that holds up for the rest of the night.

It wasn't surprising when Jamie chose a horror movie. I knew the game he was playing. A woman to get all squeamish by the sight of gore, blood, and violence, and hide in the comfort of the person next to her. In my opinion, my life was the real kind of horror. Cinematic productions with the use of makeup to fake wounds and special effects to 'create a masterpiece', wasn't scary. It was the complete opposite. I loved watching horror movies for only one reason - laughing. The plot twists, weren't creative, the killer was always easily spotted, and there were no such thing as things that jump up and surprise you. All of that only exists in reality. It was clear that he wanted to pull the classic, yawn, and stretch-the-arm-over-the-shoulder move, but I wasn't going for that. Then again, I had no other option, so I let him have his fun.

I held back many laughs, when he realised I wasn't afraid throughout the entire movie. The funniest part, was the fact that he jumped several times, and almost felt him trying to hold on my hand for comfort. In a way, it was sweet, but I didn't comment about it. Once it was over, he asked me how it was, and I replied with a simple answer: "It wasn't that scary." He nervously fumbled with his own fingers afterwards, embarrassed from his own previous actions.

The restaurant he took me to was in the downtown area, one of the most famous in the city - just a fancier location. It was easy to tell, because there was valet. It was known for it's steak and that's exactly what I was in the mood for. That's not called taking advantage of a boring dinner, is it?

We walked through front doors and were greeted by the hostess. She wore a short black dress, and heels taller than mine, and pixie cut black hair. Well, we had certain things in common.

"Hi there, reservation for two, it's under the name -" Her voice had a southern accent to it, but it was very faint. "Copeland. Of course, Doctor. We have your designated table waiting for you. Follow me."

He didn't even get a chance to reply to her, as she practically purred the rest of his name. I couldn't help but roll my eyes; however, I was discrete about it, unlike the sensuality she emitted towards him. He would definitely have a table here, which could possibly mean one thing, he doesn't come here for business meetings. Well, maybe personal business.