forty six | 46

Why am I ruining myself by doing these? (it ain't perfect tho, i know)

SO this is most like one of the last of the extremely emotional chapters of the book. I think after this, it's about time to get to some other things...or meetings, perhaps?

And a teeny tiny, itty bitty trigger in this. Legit tiny. 

And omgosh, AS is at 27K ayeee! Thank you, ily so much, and I hope you enjoy this one!

S x

clo·sure

Céline.

One week had passed since the death of my precious niece.

Josie wanted to do it as soon as possibly could, since she wanted her baby to rest quickly. If she could have had it sooner, she would have. 

The majority of her classmates, along with her teacher and principal showed up in attendance. It was the first day that her little Harry greeted me, looking distraught about losing such a close friend. When he mentioned that she meant a lot to him, my heart tugged, and I couldn't help but give him a hug. Precious soul.

Coworkers of mine who knew or had encountered her made an appearance. It came as a shock to them that she passed. No one knew that she had cancer, except for Lena and Sage within the massive bunch of people we all knew.

The funeral was beautiful and small, but still just enough that Hazel would have called it 'extra'. My sweet girl loved glamour. Not everyone stayed for long though. They paid their respects and went on their own way. We all knew that it's exactly how she would have wanted. Each, saying a little something sweet about her to us, before they left.

The large family we all were, gave a small speech for her; each, so beautiful and so personal. Almost all of us held it together for the most part, only a few quiet tears, here and there — except for Josie. She was a wreck, but Liam was there for her. Their rings of marriage, of ultimate bonding and love, shone from a distance. They were forever; and he never failed his promise to his step-daughter.

She was loved by all — and still is.

We were the only ones that went to her burial. It was still so surreal, but we it was finally believable when her casket slowly descended into the rich soil of the earth. The planet that she very much enjoyed talking about.

The family of kinship and friendship we were, arrived back at the Payne residence. Liam and Josie opened up their home so that we could all be together in a place that we could relax from the long day we all shared.

We sat together in the living room, the rest chatting, when Harry leaned over telling me that had to go to the restroom. I only nodded once and we went on his way. Few words were shared between us the entire day, but our presence around one another, was more than enough. After a couple of minutes turned into many more, worry filled my soul. He went missing for an entire half hour and it wasn't something that I expected.

I'd asked all of the lads if they'd seen him, but none of them knew. My feet had led me outside of the mansion, being exposed under the pouring rain, as I searched around for the man who always gave me comfort.

Making my way back inside, I tried my best to avoid anyone who attempted to speak to me in a caring tone. It wasn't that I didn't want to talk to them, but looking for Harry was my first priority. I made my own decision to find him, not bothering to check with either Liam or Josie if I could do my own search throughout their home.

The family room, kitchen, bathrooms, most bedrooms, until there was only one more room left. Slowly, I opened the door to one that I never planned on entering any time soon. It was a room that belonged to the someone who meant so much to me — Hazel.