fifty four | 54

I should be kicked out of the fandom for editing that gif. I need help. Bye.

As for the chapter, I think you'll like it. Sorry for the lack of update, adulting and keeping sane is hard. Enjoy! 

S x

po·et·ic

Céline.

Fifteen days.

That is the amount of time that I had left; and until now, I had absolutely no clue on how to solve this incredibly dangerous predicament I was in.

It's only been two days since I was summoned to the warehouse by the devil himself. It was the one thing that I kept pushing to the back of my list of worries — all by its lonesome self. There wasn't anything else that was followed along with it.

I tried everything I could to keep Harry from thinking that something was wrong with me. Thankfully, whatever I was saying and the smiles that I put on my face, were enough to make him believe that I was okay. If only it was the actual truth; but rather, far from it.

The tips of my fingers tapped nervously on the tabletop, my heart beating quickly, and my mind completely unfocused on what was currently happening around me. It wasn't until I heard Lena elbow me lightly against my arm, realising that we were in the boardroom; and of course, it was in the middle of an important meeting. 

Our eyes met, her brows were furrowed as she looked at me in confusion. I simply shook my head at her, assuring her that it wasn't important. Thankfully, no one else was paying attention at our silent conversation. She sighed, not believing my physical reply, but I just waved it off. Nonetheless, she didn't pass it up until after the meeting was over, and that's when she took her opportunity to speak to me.

"You okay?" She questioned, the perky tone of her voice lacked as she spoke to me, truly worried about my actions.

"Yeah, everything's good." I replied, showing a small smile. I knew in advance that the use of that singular word would get her to believe me without a second doubt.

Lena repeated my action and then pulled me so we could have a conversation about wedding and bridesmaid dresses. Of course all of that was the last thing on my mind, as she went on about colour schemes, the date of my wedding, and the fact that she was going to be my maid of honour — without asking my opinion.

For that though, it was obviously going to be Josie, but I let her have her fun.

As for figuring out how to take down Steel, or getting him the fucking painting, I needed to start somewhere; and there was only one way that I was going to figured out how to do this.

Prescott, I think it's about time to pay a visit back to the warehouse.

..

The second after work finished, I slipped out of my office before either Sage or Lena would ask if I wanted to go out for Friday drinks — a.k.a.: option A. I might have done so on a normal day; but I expected that 'normal' would not make its appearance until after the museum opening.

I parked my car half a block away from where I needed to be and slowly made my way to the unfortunate place that I am supposed to call the location of my temporary occupation. Grabbing my newly purchased gun from underneath my seat, I left the vehicle. 

If my life was on the line, I needed a weapon to arm myself. Sure my nunchucks were always fun to use, but they weren't entirely practical for every day situations — unless if I were a ninja. Managing to get an identical pistol as Harry has, I altered it physically to have the exact same scratches and marks on it. If for any reason he were to find it, at least he'd mistake it for his own. It was a long shot, but it was better answering his direct questions as to why I purchased a gun in the first place.