three

Aliza's Pov

'Beep Beep Beep'

That stupid alarm. This time I didn't pound at it. I surprised myself when I softly pressed end and got up off the sofa where I fell asleep last night. Steve must have left after that. As I thought back to last night I couldn't help but smile. Steve is an amazing guy and I can see us being really good friends. Hopefully he feels the same way.

It was 6.45 AM. Wait, why was I awake this early?

Oh.

I decided yesterday morning to start jogging in the park near my house. Now that I'd settled in, I needed to continue with all my workouts. Otherwise, those inevitable double shifts at the hospital are going to look like a myth.

I slowly got up and waddled to my bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and got dressed into a workout top and some leggings. With my headphones dangling off my neck, I slipped into my shoes and shuffled out of my apartment. But yet again, I was met with a brick wall.

"Ow. Shit." I looked up to see Steve looking down at me with concern in his eyes.
"Steve! We gotta stop meeting like this." I grumbled out while I rubbed the spot of my head his rock hard chest had hit.

"I'm so sorry Aliza. Are you alright?"

"Yeah it's no big deal. I've had worse." I glanced down to his workout t shirt and shorts. "You going to the gym?" I motioned for us to start walking towards the stairs.

"Actually, I go jogging in the park every morning. It's helps me clear my head a little bit."

"Oh, I'm going too! Really puts you at one with the world and all that BS, you know?"

"Well, I would ask you to be my running partner but I think I'm too fast for you." His lips turned up in a cocky smile, a look I had not yet seen on him. Well. Since when was Mr 'I blush whenever you look at me' such a tease.

I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms defensively as he held the door open for me.
"Oh really? We will have to see about that."

I can take him.

(1 hour later)

I collapsed on the grass on all fours, silently thanking god for the cool relief of my palms up against the ground, and I swear, I wouldn't even mind never getting back up again. How the hell was he so fast?

"You too huh?" I looked up and there was a man resting against the tree trunk gesturing towards the blur of blonde that was still going around the park. His legs were outstretched in front of him while he held one arm over his ribs. I flopped over so my back was now laying across the ground. Now that I had been on it for a few minutes, the grass was doing the bare minimum to cool me down but it was better than standing in the blazing sun. My aching fingers kneaded at the stitch that was pulsing in my abdomen.

"It's like he's sonic the hedgehog or something. Why is he so bloody fast? And don't even get me started on the 'On your left' bullshit. If my arms didn't feel like they were going to fall off, I'd throw a rock at him." I was breathing so heavily that I was scared I was going to have an asthma attack or something.

"Me and you both. I'm Sam Wilson by the way." The man was also breathing quite heavily. We just looked like a pair of fish out of water right now.

"Aliza. And that motor machine over there is my neighbour, Steve Rogers."

"Oh, I know who he is." I forced myself to lift my head up with a confused expression but before I could ask any questions, Steve walked up to us both.

"Need a medic?"

What a dick.

"I need a new set of lungs. I already have defective ones but this is a new piece of hell." When I'm in pain, I tend to over exaggerate.