thirty eight

3rd persons PoV

The team stepped out of the elevator and each individual departed to their separate quarters. Steve was still at S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters, having drawn the short straw and being the one to go back and debrief with Fury.

Tony was the only one who went straight to the living room in desperate need of a drink. The mission was successful but no one seemed particularly enthusiastic when completing it and they all knew why and it was frustrating that she didn't. She didn't even know that they are who they are. Tony sat in the darkness, sipping on a glass that somehow kept on refilling and thought back to his childhood. Those days were much simpler.

Wanda gingerly entered the room, knowing how aggressive Tony can be once he's had a few drinks.

"Tony..." Wanda gently started off. He glanced at her from the corner of his eye but went back to his drink.

"Tony."

"What?" Tony snarled. He wasn't angry at her. He was angry at the world.

Wanda was startled. She wasn't particularly sure if Tony had fully forgiven her even though it's been a few years since the vision incident. He made her feel welcome but she never felt the love he gave to the other members. She didn't exactly blame him.

"Where's Steve?" Wanda looked around, not finding the super soldier in sight. She needed both of them there for what she was about to say.

Tony let out a small laugh. "Are you really interrupting me now to ask where Steve is?"

Wanda took a few steps back. "He's at the headquarters debriefing Fury after our mission. Now if we're done playing Where's Waldo, I'd let to get back to my drink. Alone."

Wanda huffed and crossed her arms. "You don't have to be such an ass about it." She mumbled while turning on her heel to leave.

Tony's eyes twitched as he gripped the glass in his hands. His hand rubbed his forehead as he slid the drink away from him and unbuttoned the top of shirt. It was times like these that he needed to get away and the only place he could do that was in his beloved lab.

The clunk of Tony's shoes on the metal steps leading to his lab resonated in the almost silent room. Almost silent because right where Tony's computer was, there was now a big flat screen TV with static. Tony looked frazzled as he neared closer to it. He didn't leave it like this which means someone else put it there. He was so confused that he didn't notice the platter that was directly next to the Iron Man plush doll Aliza had gotten him, but when he did the confusion only rose more.

Suddenly, the tv switched on. Tony took a step back and eyed it warily. His face dropped as the Audio switched on.

"CAAPTAINN CAVEMAAAAN."

Tony's eyes widened as they darted around the room, trying to find who ever did this but all he was met with was an empty room. He turned back to the tv.

"...comes the worlds first superhero. Captain Caveman! Now the constant companion to the teen angels, Brenda, DeeDee and Taffy in their hilarious and sometimes scary mystery missions. Get ready for Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels!"

What Tony recognised after all this time as the first episode of the series began playing and he slowly edged over to the silver platter. Hesitantly, his fingers wrapped around the cold handle and his breath was taken away when he saw what was underneath.

"A double stacked peanut butter and jelly sandwich with Salt and Vinegar crisps topped off with melted chocolate buttons. Just like we used to have it."

Tony's palms clammed up as he slowly turned to face the voice.

Aliza was standing a few feet away from him with a shy smile on her face and tears brimming in her eyes. Tony stood with his mouth hung open and unwavering stare on her.