fifty two

Aliza's PoV

I woke up the next morning feeling better than I had in days. My brain was still a little bit groggy which is why I was slightly startled when I felt a heavy weight across my chest. After a few moments, memories of last night flooded me and I relaxed in my spot. All I could now focus on was the delicious scent of Steve that was enveloping me and a feeling of warmth I had missed.

We were cuddled up close to each other and wound so tight that I could barely move. I carefully tried to slide my way out from under his arm but I couldn't budge an inch.

"Uh-uh." A muffled voice said from behind my shoulder. "Don't go."

"Steve." I whispered. "I need to go to the bathroom."

"Fine." He whispered in my ear, causing heat to spread throughout my body and erupt the deep desire within me. Reluctantly he lifted his arm off me and I grabbed his t shirt that was previously strewn on the floor. It came to just above my knees and I thanked god that I had remembered to shave in the shower yesterday. I quickly put my bra and panties on underneath since it was a white shirt and as much as he might appreciate it, I didn't want to flash him so early in the morning.

While I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, I peered back in to the room to see a bare chested Steve with his head planted in the pillow and his eyes shut. His mouth was slightly parted open in the most adorable way possible and his arm was still outstretched over the space I was just occupying. I shook my head with amusement of how cute he looked before quickly finishing up. As silently as I could, I tiptoed out of the room and collected any items that we had thrown off each other during the course of the last night. It was while I was picking up Bucky's hoodie that I saw a piece of paper sticking out under an Empire State Building ornament.

Aliza

I saw you and Steve on the steps outside which is why I'm about to leave out the back entrance before you guys inevitably come up. If I'm right in assuming I know what's about to happen, I guess the next time I'll be seeing you, you'll be home.

Bucky

P.S. Please be careful. I'm not ready to be Uncle Bucky yet.

I snorted and folded the piece of paper up before stuffing it in to the pocket of the hoodie. Just as I turned to start making some coffee, a voice travelled from the bedroom and it was like music to my ears.

"Liza..." He whined and I giggled to myself as I made my way back to the bed, my footsteps making small patters across the otherwise silent room. He was still sprawled across it but now his head was lifted up, presumably looking for me. I crawled back in and the arm that was closest to me wrapped around my waist bringing me right in to his body. I scooted in further and closer until his head was just under my chin and I could feel his steady breathing against my own chest.

I gently ran my fingers through his hair, stopping to massage certain spots. A small grunt of approval resonated from his throat and I continued until a hand reached up and brought my own to a pair of lips that peppered soft kisses all over it.

"Did you sleep alright?" I asked as he held my hand.

Steve gently nodded. "That was the best sleep I've had in days. It was perfect." He then lifted his head to slightly so he was looking in to my eyes. They shone with excitement and I would have awed if I wasn't so dumbstruck at the beauty that I was wrapped around. "Like you."

The cheesy line made me chuckle softly as he tightened his one armed grip on my waist to pull me further down. I was now looking up at him after he let go of my hand and instead wrapped both around my hip that was now bare due to the t shirt riding up. At this point we were as close as we could both possibly get.