thirty two

Aliza's PoV

"He did what?!" I burst out laughing in surprise as Bucky told me the story of Steve jumping over 20 feet just to get to him. I was sat on his bench while he was on the floor doing push ups. I tried not to look but he did have a pretty good body.

"He was a dork." He nodded.

"Yeah, but you, Mr Ladies Man still stuck by him."

He smiled and continued doing his push ups. This was one of a couple training sessions we've had together and in today's we had just spent the past hour getting to know each other better but we would always spar at the same time just in case they had cameras on us. I was currently taking a break because he still wasn't going easy on me and as much as I wanted to get better, I was still not being fed properly and the dampeners were really draining all my energy.

"Okay, so I have a question for you." Bucky stood up and put his shirt back. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the middle of the room. "How did you get here?" He brought my hands up into a fighting position and set my body in the correct stance. We then began slowly throwing punches at each other, but it was more like Bucky was showing me the right way to do it.

"I don't think you want to know." I chuckled as I punched him in the shoulder and he stumbled back slightly. He looked on quite proud and I beamed with happiness.

"Why is that?"

"Because you've spent the past half an hour telling me how reckless Steve was and I don't want to be another member of that club."

"Come on. It can't be that bad." He turned and placed his arm around my neck, flipping me over. I landed on the ground with a thump. "Now you have to tell me."

"Yeah, if you don't bloody knock the memories out of me first." I let out a groan as I took his hand to bring myself up.

"Alright." He held his hands up and I weakly punched each of them. Left, right, left , right. "My broth-Adam..." Bucky furrowed his brows at my slip up but I waved my hand to dismiss it. "He gave me an ultimatum. I come with him, or he kills Steve."

"And you chose to come here."

"Nothing slips past you does it?" I smirked playfully. He punched my arm a little bit too hard and I winced as my hands flew up to rub at it. "Urm, ow!"

"Continue with the story."

I sighed and carried on punching at his hands. "I have kind of a messy family background. My real parents were killed and I was brought here where they put this thing called an infinity stone inside of me but they sent me to another family after that. That family hated me and Adam is the guy who was my brother and he's the one who brought me here."

"Woah. Talk about family issues."

"Yep." I popped my lip and dropped my arms. I walked over the the bench and took short sips from my water bottle while fiddling with the cap.

Bucky walked over and sat down next to me. He didn't say anything, just clasped his hands together and sat.

"You and Steve are perfect for each other."

A small smile crept on my lips. "You think?"

"I know. You went running into the face of danger with no regards to yourself because you wanted to protect someone you care about. If I'm not mistaken, that sounds a lot like a certain someone." He nudged my shoulder and I smiled at him gratefully.

"Thanks Bucky."

"No problem doll." I froze and the breath stopped in my throat. Bucky seemed to notice.