twenty seven

Aliza's PoV

The past few weeks had been like a dream. Me and Steve have been spending a lot of time together as we are now officially boyfriend and girlfriend. It felt weird to think that. I mean, I've never had a proper boyfriend before and to think, the one I have now is a super soldier just blows my mind. I always think back to that little girl at Coney Island and am just amazed by how right she was. He really is my prince.

I've been helping Tony out a lot too. Him and I spend time together in the lab making new improvements on whatever he can get his hands on. You know the phrase 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it', yeah, Tony has never heard it. I'm pretty sure we're up to Mark 35 now. We've made new arrows for Clint that shoots lasers if you focus them just right, Natasha's got a new everything proof suit and he even surprised me with a knife with my name engraved in it. Normal brothers gets their sisters shoes or even food. Not us. I get a murder weapon. But it's shiny so I'll take it.

I know he won't admit it, but he needs my help and I'm more than happy to give it. That's also our alone time to get to know each other better. He tells me things from my childhood and I sit there and listen, trying to place them in my memory but I just can't seem to find it. Wanda was coming back from the Avengers Facility soon so I was going to ask her for some help. I hadn't seen her since Ultron so I don't really know how that all is going to play out.

Right now, me and Steve were shopping for groceries for the tower. He had been pretty miserable because he got in really late last night and I was just trying to cheer him up, but turns out my grocery puns weren't doing the job.

I was pushing the cart while he was looking at what fizzy drinks we wanted.

"Hey Steve, orange you glad we're shopping together?" I held up a box of orange juice and almost fell to the floor laughing from how funny I thought that pun was. Once I had calmed down I looked at Steve who was just staring at me with an annoyed expression.

We moved on to the next aisle. "Steve, stop raisin your eyebrows at me!"

I chucked a box of raisins at him and with his on point reflexes, he caught them just before they hit him in the bicep. He just put them down and kept on walking.

"Cheer up Honey!" I held up a squeezy bottle of honey. He turned and looked at me trying to contain my laughter, but just rolled his eyes and placed some Nutella in the trolley. Tough crowd.

"Steve, doughnut be getting angry!" I showed him the packet of doughnuts I was holding. He huffed and checked the grocery list for what else we needed but at the same time smiling apologetically at the strangers walking past with weirded out expressions.

"Stop walking so fast, I need to ketchup!"

"Hey, Steve."

"What?" He mumbled while checking that the eggs were all fine.

"Do you want me to stop with the puns?"

He looked up with a desperate expression. "Yes. Please!"

"Alright, fine that's a wrap!" I held up a packet of tortilla wraps and he just face palmed before placing the eggs in the trolley.

There were tears leaking down my face and I had to take a minute to catch my breath.

"Oh, god. That was a good one. Okay, I'll stop now."

He was still acting grumpy and I didn't know what else to do to cheer him up. I gasped in realisation.

"I'll be back!" I left the cart with him and ran off to the floor with all the clothes and toys.