fourty six

Aliza's PoV

Bucky and I came bustling in with bags falling off our arms. I huffed in annoyance as not one of the 4 people sitting on the sofa watching tv had turned to ask us if we needed any help. We dumped them by the door and I rummaged through one of them until I found what I was looking for.

"I brought doughnuts!" I exclaimed and the herd came running. The box of Dunkin Donuts was snatched out of my hand and I rolled my eyes at Bucky who looked on with a tired smile.

"Yeah, now they come." I stepped over the bags and sat down at the kitchen island, grabbing a doughnut for myself. As I took a bite, I noticed Bucky still standing at the door looking slightly apprehensive at the bunch of us grouped together in the small kitchen space. I pushed Sam off the chair next to me and patted it to gesture for him to come sit down.

"Hey! I was sitting there."

"And now you're not. Tough luck."

Sam grumbled something under his breath and took another doughnut out of the box before retreating back to the sofa where it looked like they were watching something on Netflix. Bucky came and sat down next to me, grabbing his milkshake and doughnut in the process. I wasn't going to tell the rest of them but we had already devoured a box in the car.

"Thanks for today Bucky. You really helped, more than you know." I ripped my doughnut in half, scooping out the cream and eating it slowly. Honestly, today was one of the best days I've had in a long time but it irked me that Steve still wasn't home. It was nearing 9pm yet I didn't see any sign of the super soldier anywhere.

"No problem doll. Besides, in your words not mine, I'm finally going to look like I'm not a 50 year old trapped in a 27 year olds body."

"It's not my fault you dress like you're wearing your grandfather's clothes. But we still need to do something about that hair." I touched the ends of my hair, my face forming a frown.

"I need to do something about my hair too."

I then peeled up in excitement. "Hey, you should let me cut your hair!"

"No one touches my hair you slut!" Bucky mimicked what I said to Sophia that day in the training room in my British girly voice. I slapped his shoulder and laughed, going back to my doughnut. Just at that moment, Steve came waltzing in to the room but he wasn't alone. He spotted me, coming straight over to plant a kiss on my sugary lips and patting Bucky's shoulder. He then moved away from me and towards the cupboard to grab a mug for what I presume at this time, will be tea. The unexpected visitor was walking in with a smirk directed at me which quickly turned to a innocent smile when she looked around at all the people in the room.

"How was work?" I asked, stuffing another piece of dough in my mouth.

"Steve was amazing! You should have seen him! Not only did he help the rest of us, but he also was able to retrieve a massive package that contained deadly information on his own! I was in awe." I turned to face Bucky who had the same expression on his face as me. And that was one of utter bewilderment with a hint of amusement and just a pinch of what the fuck? Sophia was leaning up against the counter just opposite me. From the corner of my eye I could see Steve staring at us over his arm that was keeping the cupboard open.

"I was asking Steve." I replied back monotonously. Her smile dropped and Steve turned to face me with a slightly disappointed look.

"But it was nice to hear from you what an amazing time you had!" I hope she could tell that my speech was dripping with sarcasm.

"I just feel awful that I had to cancel training with you doll. We can go now if you want?" Steve leaned up against the counter with his arms crossed and his eyes kind. I almost felt bad when I said the next part so I treaded lightly.