fifty

Aliza's PoV

Sunlight peeked through my curtains but I had no intention of getting up, not even to submerge my room in complete darkness again. I lay on my stomach with the covers thrown messily on the floor and my pillow had been kicked off too as I rested my head on my hands. I was awake but I felt like I wasn't. It felt like time was just passing by and I was still just laying here. It had been 6 days since I had officially broken up with Steve but it had felt like an eternity. After I left the tower I had completely broken down. I arrived back to my hotel a blubbering mess but ran to the solace of my room before anyone had seen. The only time I've smiled in the past few days is when I managed to get that card back to the boy and even then it was a weak one. My phone was constantly buzzing with text messages from them all but I didn't have the energy to reply. I felt numb. It was my decision to end it based off Steve's actions but all I wanted was to be back in his arms. Bucky had come to me the next morning with plums, ice cream, chocolate and McDonald's and has been staying with me while I cried, slept, cried some more and then stuffed my face with more food. I had been in the same t shirt and shorts since that day and I don't think I've even brushed my hair let alone had a shower yet. I must look like a mess. Today started off no different. I was still, the only thing making a sound was my soft breathing and the occasional grumble of my stomach but I didn't want to move. I felt like I was destined to just waste away here. It wasn't until an hour had passed that I felt Bucky stir and his heavy footsteps move across the living room and towards my open door. He had been spending a couple of days with me and then a couple of days at the tower, alternating between both of his broken best friends.

"That's the 5th time I've heard your stomach. You want to get some breakfast?"

"Not hungry."

He sighed and walked in to my room, planting himself on the bed beside me.

"Doll, I've sat here for the past few days watching you either starve yourself for the majority of the day or completely binge and eat the whole fridge. This isn't healthy. Listen..." He took a deep breath and gently placed his hand on top mine.

"I know life seems like it's crumbling around you. I get that. I see that here and I see that at the tower. Steve's a mess, Tony's pissed at him and the rest of us don't even know where to begin with everything. And I know your heart is heavy right now. I realise that and it hurts me to see you both like this. Go ahead and be sad, but don't stay there. One day you'll wake up and everything will be okay. Just have faith."

I didn't respond which received a sigh from Bucky. "I'll be outside if you need me." He mumbled. I eyed him as he left and planted my face in to my hands before letting out a small groan. That's when I decided that Bucky was right. And that day where I was going to be okay, that could be today. And the first step of being okay is to get past what made it all not okay in the first place.

I got out of bed and softly closed my door before jumping in to the bathroom to shower for the first time this week. It felt relieving to peel the dirty clothes off of my tired body and have the cold water wash off me like a wake up call. Once I got out the shower, I slipped on my jeans and a top before running a brush through my hair. When I stepped out of my room the first sight I saw was Bucky on the couch flipping aimlessly through some magazine. Once he heard my footsteps he looked back confused but then genuinely happy. He stood up and came towards me, putting his arm around my shoulder and leading me to the kitchen.

"You look beautiful. Now, how about we eat and then take a walk in the park? You could do with some fresh air."

"Actually, I was hoping we could go somewhere else."

I pulled out something from behind me and Bucky's face turned from expectant to surprised whereas mine didn't budge from the nervous smile that it displayed.